Am I the only one that don’t mind service parts?

My 5513 got service hands and pearl. It’s not that obvious. It is noticeable under certain lighting. Here’s my thought process: yes it is not that collectible compared to one with all original parts, but I don’t need to baby it. I can wear it like a tool as it’s originally designed to be. Eventually the dial may need to be replaced too then I’ll have matching lume. Am I the anomaly here? Of course if I have enough money I would definitely love to get one with all original parts. But then I probably won’t wear it as much.
34895919-00CB-4403-A555-FD28C6553DA6.jpeg 321933A0-553E-4466-8560-23A0C2A435C0.jpeg DA8A8E63-0563-4532-88C1-985B1465A759.jpeg 5837E806-ACFA-4C6A-B3AC-EE38F495D963.jpeg
Edited:

I don’t mind service parts at all as long as it’s disclosed and the price reflective of that.
This one is all service parts excluding the movement- doesn’t bother me one bit.
5A510A01-2E4C-4042-8FAF-9A188F8ED04D.jpeg

I'd get the new hands colour matched to the dial. I definitely would never replace the dial to match the new hands.

Rolex just put a new dial and hands on my 5513 (the original dial was beyond salvation). The new gloss dial is a thing of incredible beauty.

On a 2000s Speedmaster it wouldn’t bother me at all. On a 1960s pie pan Constellation, it would bother me a lot.

On a 2000s Speedmaster it wouldn’t bother me at all. On a 1960s pie pan Constellation, it would bother me a lot.
Yeah- when it comes to that kind of vintage, where there is no factory service part other than a redial yeah- that’s kind of a no-go.

Rolex just put a new dial and hands on my 5513 (the original dial was beyond salvation). The new gloss dial is a thing of incredible beauty.
Pics please

Its a tool, if its damaged i get it fixed. If its too precious to wear because i’m afraid of damaging it, i sell it on and get something else.

I once acquired a mint, virtually NOS, Waltham from the 1890s. Who the hell knows how these things get stashed away pretty much unused but there it was in the showcase at the local vintage watch shop. I amazed the dealer by wearing the hell out of it over the next few years and putting some scratches on its nice solid gold case before dealing it off for something else. Didn’t loose anything on it either.

Buy it, use it, enjoy it. its a guideline that has served me well with vintage bikes as well as watches.

I don’t mind service parts, but I would like the lume on the hands to match the dial.

No issue for me. Your 5513 looks really nice and you seem very happy with it. If it bothered you I guess you would not have bought it and aesthetically I cannot see an issue with it. Wear in good health!!!

I'd get the new hands colour matched to the dial. I definitely would never replace the dial to match the new hands.
It's not very noticeable so I'm fine with it. Eventually the dial it going to crack and need a replacement.

Yeah- when it comes to that kind of vintage, where there is no factory service part other than a redial yeah- that’s kind of a no-go.
Yes, precisely!

No issue for me. Your 5513 looks really nice and you seem very happy with it. If it bothered you I guess you would not have bought it and aesthetically I cannot see an issue with it. Wear in good health!!!
I got it before the pandemic price hike. It was reasonably priced and it came with all the RSC documents.

I got it before the pandemic price hike. It was reasonably priced and it came with all the RSC documents.
It’s a nice watch and far better than anything they offer now. I do agree with the comments above about possibly having the hands relumed to match the indices, it would make a world of difference for little money.

Personally I have no problem with watches that have service parts. From a collectors point of view this watch has everything that could be possibly wrong and would only be valued as parts. Service crown, pushers, relumed dial and hands. But it has been fully serviced and pressure tested so I can wear it as normal, plus I don't see much difference between the new Ed White.

OF2.jpg
Edited:

Personally I have no problem with watches that have service parts. From a collectors point of view this watch has everything that could be possibly wrong and would only be valued as parts. Service crown, pushers, relumed dial and hands. But it has been fully serviced and pressure tested so I can wear it is normal, plus I don't see much difference between the new Ed White.

OF2.jpg
^^^ yup!