Advice sought on my purchase - Seamaster Calendar.

Hello folks - just wondering if you could kindly advise on my recent purchase?

I have been looking for a nice original Seamaster Calendar for a while, to add to my small collection, so jumped at the chance when offered this one. Really pleased with it but would like if possible to have confirmation of my assumptions, based on my novice research. I must add that the seller was very helpful, open and accommodating throughout the transaction, which gave me confidence:

1. The case appears to have been polished, but not heavily.
2. The crown appears to be a service, as advised by the seller, the correct one being a cloverleaf?
3. I don't think the dial has been tinkered with. It has a speckled patina, which for me was part of the attraction (from broken off crumbs of lume?) The lume is missing at 2, 4, 7 and 8 but the others appear, from what I have read, to be the darkish brown colour attributed to ageing.
4. Am thinking/hoping that the case is a 2849-SC.....unfortunately, though, not confident enough to open the back without risking damage!
5. Again, without opening the case I can only speculate but assume the movement to be a 505? Both the hands and calendar set correctly and it is keeping almost perfect time so far. The crown is a little stiff if wound but this hopefully indicates a good stem seal.
6. The crystal has scratches and a chip at 3, declared by the seller...probably best left until the first service

Of secondary consideration as I love the watch, a definite a keeper, but just wondering if it was a 'fair' buy? Putting together the purchase, shipping and the ridiculous UK customs charge, the total was about £370 ($490).

Most grateful for any input / advice. Apologies for the poor photos...the best I can get with my obsolete phone!
Thanks
Doug
IMG-20220420-WA0006.jpg 20220420_130803_04.jpg IMG-20220420-WA0002.jpg IMG-20220420-WA0001.jpg IMG-20220420-WA0000.jpg

Your pictures are very grainy, and out of focus. It is difficult to make meaningful comments as a result.

Your pictures are very grainy, and out of focus. It is difficult to make meaningful comments as a result.
Heh, I disagree. That dial was beat with an ugly stick.

When judging a watch, it's usually best to look carefully at the dial and the case. Most other things can be fixed.

cal 505 is a non-date caliber... was typing this message when @TheGreekPhysique identified it as 503, which was going to be my pretty uneducated guess - glad to have it confirmed.
I agree that it doesn't look great in the pictures, but if you're happy with the way it looks in person, I think that's what matters most. You probably would have a hard time finding an automatic seamaster at that price in good shape (this is coming from an inexperienced non-collector, though). But the movement could change that calculus if it's in bad shape, too.

...And if you want our opinion, focus the pics on the dial and not on the table underneath.

Answers to your questions:
1) yes
2) yes
3) original, with damage
4) yes
5) 502 or 503
6) polywatch it

Watch is in poor shape - dial has been chemically cleaned.

This is a stainless steel version that I sold several years ago.

18512976436_5b5026f3d6_b.jpg
Edited:

wondering if it was a 'fair' buy?
Well the watch has had life but if you like it that's all that matters. IMO you could have probably gotten a better example for a bit more money but it would have required more time. The dial would be classed by some as damaged and the case is worn thin on the lugs in certain spots. I'd say get it serviced and enjoy for what it is 😀

And this is a stainless steel one that I held on to:

14721167495_bf8c115522_b.jpg

Do you like it? I do. I’d wear it no problem I do like the dials to be a cleaner but sometimes things just grab you and that’s cool. I got a constellation with a little dial ding. I have come to appreciate the dial ding cause if someone notices it and asked me how it happened I have like forty different ten minute stories explaining the damage even though In reality I have no clue how it happened. I just picked it up cheap. I even got a “watched saved my life” in a major gang war story even though the only gangs in my town are clubs at the library. You can make that watch tell many stories.

If you get it, I hope you get the right crystal for it... should have a tension ring.