Advice on relume

Did you ship the watch from outside the UK? I live in US and want a relumer to convert a project mod with a mix of vintage and modern to match the lume in hands and dial and give it a vintage look. Do you recommend anybody from US? I’m not sure how shipping a watch overseas for “service” works with customs. Thanks!

Did you ship the watch from outside the UK? I live in US and want a relumer to convert a project mod with a mix of vintage and modern to match the lume in hands and dial and give it a vintage look. Do you recommend anybody from US? I’m not sure how shipping a watch overseas for “service” works with customs. Thanks!
IMG_0394.jpeg
would love to get this look on the latter fois conversion!

IMG_0732.jpeg 89e16ea0-f7e9-46e7-9af0-defd0a40185b.jpeg

Like 1
Couldn’t find an affordable lollipop so went with a modern one. Any advice of what i could do? Thanks!

you can ship overseas but have to properly label it as an item for repair. You shouldn’t have customs duties either way. You’ll want to have a watchmaker remove the dial and hands versus sending the whole watch.

In principle, if the proper forms are included, customs should not be a problem (except for value added). In practice, it's not always so clean in my experience.

In principle, if the proper forms are included, customs should not be a problem (except for value added). In practice, it's not always so clean in my experience.

Agree. If full value is declared, no matter what forms are included I’ve never managed to avoid customs when getting a watch returned to me in the UK

Decided to place side by side to see how it's going! Definitely need Relume ASAP!
Untitled-2-01.jpg

IMG_0394.jpeg
would love to get this look on the latter fois conversion!

IMG_0732.jpeg 89e16ea0-f7e9-46e7-9af0-defd0a40185b.jpeg
Is that the stock fois dial with modified dial feet or dial dots, or did you use a different dial to mate with the 321?

And did you ever find a Hyman-like re-lumer in the U.S.?

Is that the stock fois dial with modified dial feet or dial dots, or did you use a different dial to mate with the 321?

Ed white service dial I found for sale

I used an Ed White service i found for sale.

i have not found yet.

Like 1
That turned out amazing! I didn't think the original lume was horrible, but without a doubt it's far more attractive now