Advice on potentially my last Omega

How about this one?

To enjoy it and to leave it for your sons and grandsons, ok. To score points in an AD or boutique, it's not worth it.

With a bracelet is better.

Hi

I get the link with gold but the other half has a veto and besides I have promised to stick to budget. I posed the question as to what to buy to my usual OB and he has suggested this which has really got my attention. It is just that little bit different.
Josh

Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 17.44.02.png

Not my cup of tea, but definitely a different, interesting watch. It's big, fyi: 43mm, and 15-17mm thick. I'd watch some YouTube videos to get a feel for how it wears: it's an odd-duck---kind of a wedge of thick steel, sitting high on the wrist.

...get the sense that these are pretty slow movers that don't get much love. Think they only made like 700 of them, several years ago, and they're still available from ADs and online.
Edited:

Hi

...I posed the question as to what to buy to my usual OB and he has suggested this which has really got my attention. It is just that little bit different.

If you are going by popular vote, that probably won't win. For what it's worth, I love it. I also like quirky shapes, though.

You need to try it on. I tried this on last week and was surprised how good it felt and looked. (I almost pulled the trigger, except for having recently purchased an expensive vintage.)

Also, lots of watches weren't popular at first. The meterorite apollo-soyuz sat on the shelves for years, with good discounts offered. Now they are prized.

In the end, it only matters if you'll wear it.
20230811_145814.jpg

More oddballs

20230807_210511.jpg 20230705_201738.jpg 20230704_114048.jpg

Forgot this. Super comfortable
20230815_103205.jpg
Edited:

If you are going by popular vote, that probably won't win. For what it's worth, I love it. I also like quirky shapes, though.

You need to try it on. I tried this on last week and was surprised how good it felt and looked. (I almost pulled the trigger, except for having recently purchased an expensive vintage.)

Also, lots of watches weren't popular at first. The meterorite apollo-soyuz sat on the shelves for years, with good discounts offered. Now they are prized.

20230811_145814.jpg

More oddballs

Thanks. Agree completely. At the end of the day I am the one wearing it. Putting a short list together and then will head out to see them.

Regards
Josh

Hi

I get the link with gold but the other half has a veto and besides I have promised to stick to budget. I posed the question as to what to buy to my usual OB and he has suggested this which has really got my attention. It is just that little bit different.
Josh

I have to admit, this thing had me wondering what the heck the second crown was for... until I realized it was a HEV. ::facepalm2:: I think Omega really could have skipped the HEV on this one.

Also, something that came to mind based on what Annapolis said. If these were produced "several" years ago, you could be buying a brand new watch that already needs a service. Always something to keep in mind with "NOS" stuff.

20230811_145814.jpg

More oddballs

20230807_210511.jpg 20230705_201738.jpg 20230704_114048.jpg

Forgot this. Super comfortable
20230815_103205.jpg

Datron, 6005 and astronaut are top.

Hi

Josh
Eh, I don't think that would wear well as a retirement watch, just too quirky. It's one of those watches that you would eventually question why you bought it.

Hi all,

Quick update. As my last day approaches at the end of this month (Took longer than expected to complete a handover ;)) I have become drawn to this particular watch. It incorporates some of thoughts shared above about having Gold in there somewhere. Does anyone have one of these and if so are you happy with it? It is slightly above my original budget but I won’t tell if you won’t :).

Regards

Josh

IMG_0381.jpeg

IMG_0380.jpeg

I think that’s a great option and, as you say, it ticks the gold box. I missed this thread back in August but my suggestion wound have been an earlier generation Seamaster Pro.

Hi all,

Quick update. As my last day approaches at the end of this month (Took longer than expected to complete a handover ;)) I have become drawn to this particular watch. It incorporates some of thoughts shared above about having Gold in there somewhere. Does anyone have one of these and if so are you happy with it? It is slightly above my original budget but I won’t tell if you won’t :).

Regards

Josh

IMG_0381.jpeg

IMG_0380.jpeg

Lovely watch. Kept seeing that on the Omega home page of late. I’d have it in a shot but I do like a bit of Sedna, and especially as it’s accented on this one.

I don’t know but your Ironman stuff is cool as hec

I’m not the right person for this watch, as I don’t generally go for two-tone.

But fwiw, I’d think it might be less than satisfying, depending on what it is you want out of gold. If it’s just an accent color, sure. But if you want the feel of gold—including the heft of it—maybe not..?

I don’t know but your Ironman stuff is cool as hec
Ha. thanks for that. Have just completed an Infinity Gauntlet ;) and another Mandalorian helmet.

As for watches thanks again for the advice all, My usual OB has been in contact to push the "New "Apollo 8" but that is a hard no from me for all the reasons stated on the main thread.

Regards

Josh

IMG_8030.JPG IMG_8032.JPG

Ha. thanks for that. Have just completed an Infinity Gauntlet ;) and another Mandalorian helmet.

As for watches thanks again for the advice all, My usual OB has been in contact to push the "New "Apollo 8" but that is a hard no from me for all the reasons stated on the main thread.

Regards

Josh

IMG_8030.JPG IMG_8032.JPG
Ooh actually saw your possible pick that seamaster is beautiful imo for what it’s worth.

Now you got me curious as hec, I’m not a superhero nut other than enjoying the movies but I know some diehards who spend a boatload on memorabilia or things similar to your constructions. At the risk of going off topic how do you make those? Is a 3d printer involved? I think you could get a table at the comic con thing and leave a millionaire.

Ooh actually saw your possible pick that seamaster is beautiful imo for what it’s worth.

Now you got me curious as hec, I’m not a superhero nut other than enjoying the movies but I know some diehards who spend a boatload on memorabilia or things similar to your constructions. At the risk of going off topic how do you make those? Is a 3d printer involved? I think you could get a table at the comic con thing and leave a millionaire.

Thanks. Simple answers. They are 3d printed. If parts are too big they are printed in sections and welded together. eg. the Endgame Captain America shield. Then they are sanded, primed and then painted. :) Sounds simple but takes a lot of work. And I am a complete amateur at this hobby :(. Been doing it for just over a year and lots to learn. Check out "Franky built" on you tube for a true expert.

here are some photos of some of the items in the build progress.
Regards
Josh