Advice on potentially my last Omega

Hi All,

About to make a major life change and disappear from the "Rat Race" after 32 years work and retire to either spend long relaxing days with my wife or spend time in garage making full size Iron Man Armour (See photo's ;)). The answer depends on whether you ask me or my wife.

Anyway given my current collection what would you advise my "Last" purchase to be? Ideally sub £10K. You can see I have a mix of styles, don't really like the Aqua Terra's.

Thanks for any direction.
Josh

IMG_6989 2.JPG IMG_7131.JPG IMG_7137.JPG

Full gold Speedmaster.

You might need to work for another couple of months to stretch the 10k budget though.

D9AB06AF-C2AE-49B1-B9FE-48077F1D7681.png

Yeah wow—I’m not sure you need another Omega there, Mr. Stark. :) That’s an amazing collection.

I think I agree that a full precious metal piece is one conspicuous “gap” in your collection, and that would be a fitting and traditional way to mark retirement. But it’s not everyone’s taste. And would be over budget.

Just my opinion, but if I were you, I’d go for a Rolex “polar” Explorer. Or one of the new IWC Ingenieurs. Something to shake up the collection a bit.

Failing that, maybe a vintage piece? A birth year Calatrava, perhaps?

Or something fun from JLC?

You've got most of the complications covered but how about a gold moon phase? Maybe a Reverso?

Great iron man armour btw

Maybe a Chronoscope or a Globemaster? Good luck with the future plans

Hi Josh, you don't seem to be a fan of steel bracelets, so I'm guessing you don't like those. I would add a Chronoscope, blue face, on leather,
17331872_1.jpg
or a 2020 Tokyo Olympics Speedy, maybe Panda on a NATO?
2019-Omega-3160-02.jpg

I vote ultraman speedy. Closest superhero in the Omega lineup?

Also, share more pics of the armor! That's awesome!

That’s a wonderful selection as it is, some fairly serious watches already in the box! Congratulations on your retirement too, 32 years is well and truly enough.

I think I would struggle to add something to punctuate the end of a career for sub 10k, given what you already have on hand. To me it would feel a little lost amongst the others of similar, albeit great quality watches.

Solid gold would break it up a bit and is traditional for a retirement watch, but they’ll likely push that 10k budget quite a bit higher depending on which model you’d like.

If that’s the case, maybe sell your least worn watch or two and add to the budget, or mull over it for a little while whilst you figure it out, you’ll have plenty of time. Being retired just earlier this year I tend to wear less of my collection as it is, so I tend to reach just for my favourites.

It also felt like quite a rush at the end of work, I really raced out there the first week to find what I was looking for. You have all the time in the world now to go on a hunt.

I settled on the new Ed White 321, it has been a perfect watch that could also suit your collection as it is, not too far of a stretch from the budget that you currently have allocated if you can find one close to retail.

A solid gold Constellation or Speedmaster could also be incredible, just looking at a few beauties now on Chrono24, I don’t often ever look at solid gold options but there are plenty.

Either way it’s a great position to be in, there’s nothing more enjoyable than researching and chasing down a special piece. Good luck shopping and building that armour, it looks epic.

I would say, get the Ploprof 1200 Steel BD oder the Seamaster 300m Ceramic Black Black.

Full gold Speedmaster.

You might need to work for another couple of months to stretch the 10k budget though.

D9AB06AF-C2AE-49B1-B9FE-48077F1D7681.png
Lovely but that would guarantee divorce in the first month of retirement! :)

Yeah wow—I’m not sure you need another Omega there, Mr. Stark. :) That’s an amazing collection.

I think I agree that a full precious metal piece is one conspicuous “gap” in your collection, and that would be a fitting and traditional way to mark retirement. But it’s not everyone’s taste. And would be over budget.

Just my opinion, but if I were you, I’d go for a Rolex “polar” Explorer. Or one of the new IWC Ingenieurs. Something to shake up the collection a bit.

Failing that, maybe a vintage piece? A birth year Calatrava, perhaps?

Or something fun from JLC?
Thanks for the ideas. I do have a IWC that was given to me as a Christmas gift in 2008 by my employer at the time (Those days have gone!). The Rolex explorer looks great and will go and see that. thanks

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 11.35.23.png Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 11.36.17.png

Vintage Constellation?

IMG_6677.jpeg
That looks great. Maybe I go vintage, 1971 is my birth year, any recommendations for that year?