Advice on a 145.012 Speedie

Another thought: compared to a modern Ed White with 321 that costs between 16 and 18k, this is a steal. It won't ever be a collector's watch, but it's a serviced 321. The newness of the parts won't compete with a vintage 321, but the appearance competes with a new Ed White, absent the case.

It could be a fun watch to wear.

There's always a way to justify buying a watch :D

Fair comment. I personally don’t like the new Ed White/321 for exactly those reasons - it seems so sterile and lacking in personality.
But, I get some people are more about the movement and if that’s the case I can understand why a ‘cheap’ 321 with service parts might be attractive.

Like 2
Thanks all for providing feedback. I was especially interested in getting one of the last 321s but I'm surprised most are saying avoid. I'd have thought a 321 would be every omega collectors' desire?
It was mine. And still is. I’d imagine the ones shouting loudest about avoiding the 321 have early 861s. I’ve not found any greater cost with the former personally. They both have parts supply issues but are both quite simple in construction it seems. What I mean is were you to send a 145.012-68 or 145.022-68 to the likes of Simon Freese I doubt the cost would differ much if at all, despite what some would have you believe…

Like 2