Advice about my first vintage Omega purchase

Hello to the wonderful members of this fantastic forum, this is my first post! Based on one photo each, no research whatsoever, and no asking prices, please tell me which of these two beauties is the better investment. TIA, and you'll never see me again!

I actually thought this was another rookie “learning” challenge for a minute and was trying to figure it out. Even this rookie can tell they’re both bad redials, especially the “Seamester”, and look pretty polished. Non-original crown on the top. Call me Captain Obvious. Oops, did I ruin the joke? 😜 See ya never OP!

I actually thought this was another rookie “learning” challenge for a minute and was trying to figure it out. Even this rookie can tell they’re both bad redials, especially the “Seamester”, and look pretty polished. Non-original crown on the top. Call me Captain Obvious. Oops, did I ruin the joke? 😜 See ya never OP!
I actually think these are good training exercises for the new and refresher for those of us that have been at it a minute- sometimes we gloss over the details. Although these are pretty hard to gloss over,

Thank you for your precious replies! I am leaning towards the first beauty!! It is so shiny and reminds me of the watch from Mad Men!!! Pardon me, but I do not think it can be a re-dial, the printing is so precisely done!!!!

Thank you for your precious replies! I am leaning towards the first beauty!! It is so shiny and reminds me of the watch from Mad Men!!! Pardon me, but I do not think it can be a re-dial, the printing is so precisely done!!!!
I think you should buy this now! It’s a great investment and make sure you don’t wear it as every scratch will decrease the value.

I think that I have retina damage from the sheen on that Seamaster. I blame Dan. Drafting legal complaint for personal injury and emotional distress.

I think that I have retina damage from the sheen on that Seamaster. I blame Dan. Drafting legal complaint for personal injury and emotional distress.

Thank you for your comment!

Pardon me, but I do not think it can be a re-dial, the printing is so precisely done!!!!
As a fellow rookie, I was also admiring this beauty. Beyond the precise printing, I fail to see how it could be a re-dial as the seller is adamant that the watch is 100% original and untouched.

On second look, I believe I was mistaken and that you are correct. It does look 100% original. I’d say the value is somewhere between $500-$10,000 in this red hot market. I’d make an aggressive offer as soon as possible so you don’t miss out.

Respectfully, I know I came to you guys to ask for advice because I do not know jack shit about vintage omega but you are all wrong. They are 100% original.

As a fellow rookie, I was also admiring this beauty. Beyond the precise printing, I fail to see how it could be a re-dial as the seller is adamant that the watch is 100% original and untouched.
We laugh but there are some subtle ways to dodge the lie in these listings that newbies fall victim too.

“Original dial” isn’t technically a lie- the metal plate that paint was put upon is the original dial- it just didn’t look like that when it left the factory.

“Serviced” could be some guy in the back room with a can of WD-40, there is no accountability there.

“Freshly restored”- well, that’s code for tarted up for sale but to the uninitiated that could sound like a good thing.

“Running great within spec”- who’s spec?

The painted minute markers are upside down on both of these examples, which was an innovative factory technique used in the early 1980s (when these references were produced) to combat the increasing quality of Icelandic reps that were flooding the market. Buy with confidence. You couldn't possibly overpay, as these watches are investments and will certainly outperform the crypto market in the next economic downturn.

I'll also add that both of these examples are rare and minty, I think that 1984 2848 might even be cinnamony, although those hour and minute hands should be longer to match the second hand (and yes, it's a 2848, everyone knows the 2846 was the small seconds reference). Check out my Etsy for more great deals.

I actually think these are good training exercises for the new and refresher for those of us that have been at it a minute- sometimes we gloss over the details. Although these are pretty hard to gloss over,

TBH, I rather think that gloss paint may have been used on the ‘Don Draper’ dial

Unfortunately I don’t know but hopefully more knowledgeable members will help soon.

Am I incorrect in finding that on the dial of the second watch it says "Seamester" rather than "Seamaster"?

Cheers, Bernhard

Am I incorrect in finding that on the dial of the second watch it says "Seamester" rather than "Seamaster"?

Cheers, Bernhard

You are correct! Is it a rare dial?