Advice about my first vintage Omega purchase

Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
Am I incorrect in finding that on the dial of the second watch it says "Seamester" rather than "Seamaster"?

Cheers, Bernhard
Given out to exemplary plebes at the Naval Academy….very rare.
 
Posts
4,593
Likes
10,813
Thank you for your precious replies! I am leaning towards the first beauty!!

I already pulled the trigger. Maybe next time.
 
Posts
4,593
Likes
10,813
The first problem I see with Dan's post is he included pictures, and clear ones to boot. Next time no pictures please. Either crudely describe the watches or post links.
 
Posts
1,087
Likes
8,309
I love this 🍿
To quote the great Oscar Wilde "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence"
Bravo
 
Posts
632
Likes
2,137
A prototype!

No. I have the prototype and on the dial of this prototype it says "Semester". The prototype was made by Adrian Semester, therefore the name, well known to insiders only as the secret director of the Omega prototyping lab. There exist about 6 different prototype Omegas bearing his name and these are the holy grail of Omega collectors.

So, apparently a fake trying to sell you this watch as the precious prototype, which is in my possession. And consequently for excessive money.

 
Posts
4,593
Likes
10,813
Make fun all we like, but lately a few of these first-time posting newbies have been pulling some rabbits out of their hats! I'd like to find a few of those gems once in a while!
 
Posts
529
Likes
818
Now is a great time to buy as the market is soft, you cannot go wrong on either of those!
 
Posts
434
Likes
957
I'd go with the redial with the overpolished case. I've seen those on Instagram and they've been going up in value!
 
Posts
2,077
Likes
4,243
The black dial. It's perfect! It's shiny! It's spelled correctly! Invest away.
 
Posts
486
Likes
402
OP you seem to be stuck on these two...I am surprised you have not found some more baubles to dangle by now.
 
Posts
975
Likes
1,517
I am the seller of these watches and I can assure you they are both 100 percent original. I know because I inherited them from my great-great grandfather who told me on his deathbed he never once brought them in to anyone for service, ever, in a million years.
 
Posts
24,795
Likes
55,073
OP you seem to be stuck on these two...I am surprised you have not found some more baubles to dangle by now.

Yes, you're right, I must consider other options. I found another rare beauty, very special!

 
Posts
3,650
Likes
24,733
Yes, you're right, I must consider other options. I found another rare beauty, very special!


Incredibly rare. Possibly a piece unique!
 
Posts
3,569
Likes
13,509
What the hell was your google search to find this?! 😁
 
Posts
24,795
Likes
55,073
What the hell was your google search to find this?! 😁

If you google Omega Seamaster, you will get many hits, many of them are as beautiful as these. 👍
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
If you google Omega Seamaster, you will get many hits, many of them are as beautiful as these. 👍
Stop giving away all the secrets!
 
Posts
486
Likes
402
This is the rare red ultraman domingo with an omega x rolox (rhymes with bollocks) coin bezel. One of the lugs looks like it has been chewed by a dog with a grill. I would wait until a better version comes up, you may be able to find one on the Private Watch Sales Forum, and it will have been vetted by all the experts from this site.
 
Posts
2,989
Likes
4,747
I think you should forget about Omega and get the box of Bulova watches that I have listed on eBay. There is an old link in the PSF too. A great deal less than 20$ a watch.

This is a good breeding farm. I need to get rid of them before they breed more watches. I have a 99cent early longinens active today. (or is it tomorrow.) If someone would buy it I have others to sell too. At least most of the Seiko scraps sold so there is a market (mostly) for 99cent Seiko parts. Perhaps you should invest in Seiko watches. (and leave the scrap omegas for those who pay scrap prices for rusted unrepairable watches.)