Forums Latest Members
  1. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Jun 26, 2019

Correct but it will not be visible when in use :D

omegastar likes this.
  2. VintageOmegaLove Jun 26, 2019

Because of these interesting marks, I’ve been trying to get my hands on it, but the seller wants 99 euros for it (which would cost me around 115 euros including shipping).

Slightly out of what I’m willing to pay as I don’t actually need it, and I currently have other priorities for other watch purchases.

Let’s see if I still have the chance to get my hands on it in the future and share some nicer photos here.

All the best,
    Chris

3. vberch Jun 26, 2019

Thank you! The seller says it’s sterling silver. Is it? Were there any Omega buckles made in sterling silver? I thought it says stainless steel on the back. Your help is greatly appreciated!

4. VintageOmegaLove Jun 27, 2019

Seller probably has probably provided you with the wrong info. As you mentioned, it does say acier inox on the back.

All the best,
    Chris

5. João Silva Jul 12, 2019

Good afternoon, my name is João,
    I am from Portugal, and I have an OMEGA SEAMASTAR SOCCER TIMER 1970, which was offered to me by a family member but unfortunately no bracelet. I would like to know if they could help me in the first place to find out what the oroginal bracelet of this SEAMASTER would be and then to know where I can find the same even if it is used.
    Thank you,

6. FredOmega3 Jul 18, 2019

Hi,

I read this thread about Omega buckles (the whole thread, carefully :) )

I just bought this buckle on eBay, being aware that buckles could be fake. I hadn't found the thread on Omega Fourums about Omega buckles before I bought it.

The buckle is sold here:
    OMEGA 16mm Yellow Gold Plated Watch Strap Buckle,Rare Model.1970'S

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMEGA-16...108766?hash=item4d97f8385e:g:6zoAAOSwdg5dCkwMPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Pictures of the buckle from the eBay listing:

s-l400 (1).jpg s-l400 (2).jpg s-l400 (3).jpg s-l400 (4).jpg

When I bought it, the add also said 1 available and as soon as I purchased it, the seller put another one up for sale.

I just received the buckle and took some pictures:

IMG_20190716_154651.jpg IMG_20190718_104720.jpg IMG_20190718_104743.jpg

What do you experts say. Real or fake one?

7. mac_omega Jul 18, 2019

Read the inscription! It reads "Acier Inox" which means stainless steel and your buckle is gold coloured... ::facepalm2::

So what do you think?

lennylee and Rman like this.
  8. FredOmega3 Jul 18, 2019

I know, that has me confused. But "ACIER INOX" is written correct as two separate words and the manufacturers stamp is there. Could it be an Omega buckle that has been gold plated afterwards perhaps?

9. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 18, 2019

It's fake as are all of their other Omega offerings and probably much of the rest.

10. VintageOmegaLove Jul 22, 2019

echoing @mac_omega and @X350 XJR , that buckle is 100% fake. The entire shape is wrong and ugly, the Omega logo, the hollow within the Omega logo, the ACIER INOX, pin is wrong, tang is wrong.

And like you said the seller reposted the listing right away. I'm sure he has a whole bunch of these 'Made in China' junk. I would suggest you to send it back and get a refund.

11. VintageOmegaLove Jul 23, 2019

Just received a bunch of buckles which I feel would be a nice addition to the thread too. Not in great condition but I only paid for much less than the price of the stainless steel buckle, if even!

One stainless steel and three plated, of which three marked, one unmarked.
    I believe the unmarked buckle (top middle) is still authentic. It's the same with two of my other stainless steel buckles (other than gold plating), and the same to one posted quite early on in this thread.

DSCF1457 copy.jpg
    DSCF1460 copy.jpg

All the best,
    Chris

Edited Jul 23, 2019
    felsby, Dr No and Rochete like this.
  12. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Jul 23, 2019

That goofy-looking B is the emblem for Banda, a company that still exists today.

Tom

VintageOmegaLove and Petervl like this.
  13. FredOmega3 Jul 24, 2019

Thank you! I will send it back. I found another one, does this seem legit? I know it's a new one for a vintage 60's watch, but if it's an authentic Omega that is ok..

Pic:
    $_57.jpeg

Link:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMEGA-Or...55382330&hash=item3f9cf6d5b5&_trkparms=ispr=1Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

14. impalla62ss Jul 24, 2019

It is a real modern omega buckle. If you search the part number 94511601, you will likely find one for a much better price.

VintageOmegaLove likes this.
  15. VintageOmegaLove Jul 25, 2019

Like @impalla62ss said, it’s a real modern buckle. For me it just doesn’t complete the look for a vintage piece :D

You will for sure find one that you’re looking for! Just takes a bit of time and effort. Keep it up :thumbsup:

16. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Jul 27, 2019

If this one is wrong, I don't want to be right. :D

Coming in the mail soon, attached to a JB Champion 11/16 strap.

Tom

s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg

Lancaster, Dr No, felsby and 2 others like this.
  17. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Jul 29, 2019

Remember when I said "PLAQUE G" could not possibly mean "gold plated"? Many of you doubted me.

HAH! I found the proof!

https://www.hilderbrand.ch/userfiles/downloads/Booklet_Law_2010.pdf

I refer you to section 7.3.1 where "PLAQUE G" means "electroplated". My new buckle above is darker than 14K gold filled, so it must be a thin coat a lot closer to 24K.

You can just barely see on the back where it is worn through to copper.

That document is chock full of standards for marking watches, which doesn't necessarily match how other Swiss precious metal things are marked, which is also described.

Tom

tjdwhite and felsby like this.
  18. impalla62ss Aug 4, 2019

I have found one that looks pretty similar to Tom's Buckle above. This one looks real to me. Just want to get a second opinion before I pull the trigger. Thick pin, good stamp, correct design in my eyes. Anybody think the chips in the plating on the back are a deal breaker? Can the tang be cleaned or is that more than dirt? 001.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg Thanks in advance for your feedback.

gippo and felsby like this.
  19. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Aug 4, 2019

Looks genuine to me. Somewhat beat up, but I would consider a low bid.

20. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 4, 2019

No, but the loss of plating on the tang would be.

You would probably need to have this one replated.
    gatorcpa

felsby likes this.