A year and a half love affair with the 6426

I am a vintage guy and wanted a vintage Rolex with a difference. Something I could wear for all occasions, sporty yet elegant and water resistant.

I had the chance to buy this 6426 so I jumped on it. I owned a 6694 a while back and it was great apart from the no quick set date. So this made the 6426 a better option.
I got it on the original riveted bracelet and had it serviced and cleaned, no polishing.

a year and a half later and it is a watch that I always go to. I wear it so much that it’s the watch I’m more known to be wearing according to my friends.
I have other watches more modern like the BB41, reverso 976 and autavia. I have a few vintage omega and some tissot but it’s this watch that is the one that gets the most wrist time. Is that strange?
34mm and it’s the most versatile.

anyone else have a love for the 6426?
IMG_1749.jpeg IMG_1239.jpeg IMG_1238.jpeg

I'm not very familiar with that reference but I will say that your watch is very handsome and can absolutely understand why you wear it as much as you do. Classy, understated yet very much an everyday tool watch.

I'm not very familiar with that reference but I will say that your watch is very handsome and can absolutely understand why you wear it as much as you do. Classy, understated yet very much an everyday tool watch.
It has had a year and a half of work, fun, formal occasions and watch meetings.

I feel the same way about my 1007 -- I could wear it all day, every day and no one would ever be the wiser. USA Jubilee bracelet perfection and all.

This watch is wearable everyday, very light. Enjoy it.
And the fact that it isn’t 40mm makes it more wearable. Most of the time you don’t know you have it on.

I feel the same way about my 1007 -- I could wear it all day, every day and no one would ever be the wiser. USA Jubilee bracelet perfection and all.
Yeah I know what you mean. The smaller Rolex might not be in vogue but I can’t see why they fell out of popularity. Must be the size as everyone went for a watch the size of their head

Yeah I know what you mean. The smaller Rolex might not be in vogue but I can’t see why they fell out of popularity. Must be the size as everyone went for a watch the size of their head

Quite easy. In other words: That's the difference between having Class and Style and being a Poser. ( A few vintage Tool watches are the exception...)

Quite easy. In other words: That's the difference between having Class and Style and being a Poser. ( A few vintage Tool watches are the exception...)
Said perfectly and to the point

Love my 6694, but the no date is more sophisticated to my eye.😉
IMG_0633.jpeg

Love my 6694, but the no date is more sophisticated to my eye.😉
IMG_0633.jpeg
I had a 6694 as well but the no quick date became old fast. I loved it though and it was the 6694 that spurred me on to buy a 6426. The bracelet it was originally on was a stretched poor condition example and broke not long after. So I ended up finding the one it’s on now. No stretch and all in good condition.