Forums Latest Members

A positive case for the new Tudor BBGMT

1. dwboston Aug 31, 2018

Different location in Paris today - the Printemps store at the mall at the Louvre - had the GMT on the leather strap for €3350. €600 seems like a big disparity between strap and bracelet, unless pricing is different between the 2 locations I've seen.

The Father likes this.
  2. rafabond Sep 1, 2018

At the beginning of having my Tudor GMT, the same thing happened with the date, I jumped two days and it did not change at 12 o'clock at night, I did it later. I took him to the official service and in 15 days I had him in my house in perfect conditions. they followed the protocol they were dictated from Switzerland and no problem at the moment.

The Father likes this.
  3. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Sep 6, 2018

Dammit, estimated wait time went to 3-6 months. Hurry up and wait.

All the used or New Stainless ones for sale are at least $1,000 over retail.

GBTRIUMPH likes this.
  4. Shabbaz Sep 6, 2018

Haha. Good point!

5. Jerseyhammer Sep 7, 2018

Personally I think the GMT is a great looking and priced watch and I’m on the list for one with my AD, but I’m hearing there maybe a problem with date setting ?

GBTRIUMPH likes this.
  6. blubarb Sep 7, 2018

I believe that some batches have had date issues. Apparently the date numeral doesn’t sit squarely in the window, but the problem doesn’t appear before 30 days Easily repaired under warranty, but...

watch3s likes this.
  7. GBTRIUMPH Sep 12, 2018

upload_2018-9-12_20-55-4.jpeg
    Some (all?) of us on this forum and other forums have had an issue where the date advances 1.5 days leaving the window updated half way to the next date. This is also happening to the ROLEX DD40 and the date complication which was supposedly (I read it in an article) integrated into the MT5602 to become the MT5612 (Pelagos with date) and this MT5652 came from ROLEX. Some people are claiming this flaw only occurred in a "batch" but if that's the case, the batch was distributed worldwide as the problem is reported all over the world. Rolex Warranty HQ sent out "kits" (presumably including parts, see other posts on this issue) to all of its repair facilities worldwide. Weeks prior to that shipment, Tudor stopped all shipments to every dealer. So they knew they had a big problem, not just a "batch" that got tainted.
    I have not received word on my repair yet, but I took it in on the date in the picture, August 21, 2018. It has been 22 days. Stevec14 posted on the Rolex forum yesterday (9-11-18) that his came back repaired already and he sent his in after mine. But he doesn't live in my part of the country...so results should vary.

To quote Stevec14: "Well, mine is back. A week and a half or so. Good service. The service receipt is a bit cryptic. Just says movement correction and additional components.
    No explanation as to the issue was forthcoming. Pleased to have it back though."

So the "kit" did include parts.
    Has anyone purchased a new one that just arrived at their dealer?

Edited Sep 19, 2018
    Jerseyhammer likes this.
  8. GBTRIUMPH Sep 12, 2018

Where are you located in the world?

9. GBTRIUMPH Sep 12, 2018

Rolex forum indicates same issue with Rolex DD40, which may be the same date change design because the Tudor design came from Rolex and was bragged about as a positive thing. I need to track down the caliber again though...APPLE updated my iPhone and my recent notes were destroyed; we'll see. If the design is the same one, then Rolex testing procedures were not adequate either. So far I've read of failures becoming evident 4 days to 2 weeks, to ?

10. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Sep 12, 2018

No, not all. I have had mine since July and I have worn it daily and the date changes correctly. So far anyway...

Jerseyhammer, blubarb and GBTRIUMPH like this.
  11. GBTRIUMPH Sep 12, 2018

May your good luck continue. Two of us thought we dodged the 'bullet' but we were both wrong.

Jerseyhammer and Andy K like this.
  12. bags1971 Sep 14, 2018

picked one up yesterday date changes just fine

20180914_094014[1].jpg
  13. GBTRIUMPH Sep 14, 2018

May God Bless you. Please give us an update after one month? It will be interesting to compile data.

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  14. Jerseyhammer Sep 19, 2018

That’s great info and ties up with the vagueness of my AD who still says he’s waiting for deliveries etc..hmmmm

15. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Sep 19, 2018

damn that is a good lookin watch

Where did you pick it up at?

Edited Sep 19, 2018
  16. GBTRIUMPH Sep 19, 2018

My Wayward Wandering Wilsdorf Watch has returned! Picked it up today at 11:30am. YAY!
    I asked for a receipt and explanation and all I got was a receipt stating:

"Repair-watch
    Tudor Black Bay GMT steel 41mm burgundy/blue
    aluminum bezel black domed dial on leather strap with
    steel buckle
    Completed work: Check Movement
    Problem: date does not change
    "

No elaboration as to the nature of the repair (if any) nor the problem cause.

Saleslady wrote/spoke: "Most time they dont tell us how did fix it.(sic)" (Cantonese extraction, iPhone voice recognition doesn't do her justice)

If all they did was "Check Movement" and I have this problem again, then it will be escalated.

As I waited my turn, another man was finishing up sending his Rolex Milgauss (blue-green crystal) in for a battery (JOKING !!!) repair. I'm not sure the nature of his problem. The total number of days turnaround for my watch repair from Galleria in Dallas to Rolex Service in Dallas (19 minutes, 10 miles away straight down the Dallas North Tollway) is 29 days...~4 weeks. I've experienced worse repair turnarounds. Glad to have it back but concerned about "Check Movement"...I already did that and took pictures to prove it.;)

Edited Sep 20, 2018
  17. bags1971 Sep 19, 2018

was a ebay purchase locally

18. amiriqbal Oct 9, 2018

Had mine since mid July and all seems OK so far!
    It's a lovely watch and gets a lot of wrist time as part of my rotation :)

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  19. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Oct 9, 2018

Ya, rub it in. Enjoy your watch.

Jerseyhammer and amiriqbal like this.
  20. many Oct 9, 2018

I got one on trade last week. They are really nice watches and pictures don't do them justice. The dial is really balanced and they don't wear as thick as I thought they would.

amiriqbal, GBTRIUMPH and Jerseyhammer like this.