Forums Latest Members

A positive case for the new Tudor BBGMT

1. mydeafcat Jan 23, 2022

I agree. Still, it’s not so much ‘Tudor not Rolex’. She could’ve been selling used Timex’s; in my customer-focused marketing and sales career, it matters not what the brand or service is. As long as you’re dealing with a respectful colleague or client, you must deliver clear messaging and good customer service. Perhaps I’m delusional but that’s my methodology and I expect the same.

I wore my Tutima Flieger Friday (8/25). It features a pretty deep case - 15mm - and I wanted to try on the GMT after wearing the flieger all day. It felt terrific. I’ve 7.25 inch wrists so prefer bigger watches.

Edited Jan 23, 2022
  2. pumpernikiel May 6, 2022

I love mine, also decided to have all 3 options: leather, nato and bracelet. Currenlty on bracelet but for me the looks of leather is the best
    IMG_20190827_132400.jpg

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  3. Rodsch May 8, 2022

Totally agree that it Looks Best on bracelet.
    After the Date issue got fixed pretty Quick ( 3 weeks waiting) by Tudor, i have no issues at all

Turpinr likes this.
  4. Jerseyhammer Aug 13, 2022

Just picked this up from my local AD . image.jpg

Tyro Rex, Turpinr, vbrad26 and 3 others like this.
  5. mydeafcat Aug 13, 2022

Congratulations. It’s a terrific watch, as you well know. I received my my BBGMT on August 1st and with few exceptions, it’s been glued to my wrist. Yours looks fabulous on the strap! Enjoy in good health!

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  6. Jerseyhammer Aug 14, 2022

100% agreed

mydeafcat likes this.
  7. vbrad26 Aug 15, 2022

Nice! Been wanting to see one of those in the metal but no luck so far...

8. Jerseyhammer Aug 17, 2022

There seems to be plenty around from ADs

9. JasonF Sep 4, 2022

Wow, as a local Vancouver guy I’m super bummed to hear about your experience. I haven’t been into the boutique but I may go by and mention the date wheel issue just so they hear about it again ;)

I tend to trade, buy and sell watches a lot so I can experience lots of different watches of all style, vintage or modern, dressy or sport oriented. I’ve owned 3 GMTs through the years and keep coming back to it. Ill let you know how my experience is at the boutique. Thanks for sharing your experience!

mydeafcat likes this.
  10. mydeafcat Sep 5, 2022

Who knows, @JasonF? YMMV. Good luck with them. Ask for Serge as he is a fine fellow. He’s the only person I deal with there - and who I trust. I know, I know: It’s hard to believe I actually ‘deal’ with them after my experience.

The irony here is my new BB GMT, which I’ve shared plenty here on OF since receiving it last month, came from that very TB. My wife bought it and wanted it to arrive in time for my birthday. The TB was the only shop who would order it on time with less than a $2000 deposit, Time and Gold had no like-new models in stock, and flying to Calgary to my preferred Tudor AD was just not possible.

The Vancouver TB’s less-than-stellar reputation is well-known in the community; it’s slowly getting better. I suspect Tudor chose GWC as they already own the Rolex and Chopard boutiques. Again, ask for Serge. Or buy a LNIB GMT from T and G on Georgia. Their customer service is legendary.

And I absolutely love my BB GMT.

Edited Sep 5, 2022