7k Constellation

Posts
35,639
Likes
39,894
Bricks and mortar dealers get to charge a lot from people that are too lazy to know what they’re buying. The Constellation doesn’t bother me quite as much as some items like the Geneve Cal 601, I’ve seen them go for prices over $2,500 in a store window despite worn cases and rough dials, so about 1000% markup
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,376
He wouldn’t be charging this much if they weren’t selling.
 
Posts
3,578
Likes
13,519
Dial bubbling and all... but they're flying out of his shelves.
 
Posts
1,605
Likes
6,485
Bought this 18k Connie last week for less than 3k. It's crazy to me people pay these prices but congrats to him for getting them sold

 
Posts
889
Likes
1,225
At least the mantra “you buy the seller” is true for him, as far as I know. Some other dodgy websites charge nearly as much and are far less concerned with originality.
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,376
^Agree on this. All of his watches are in excellent condition, serviced and he notes that all have factory original dials. For an inexperienced buyer who doesn’t feel confident about evaluating a vintage watch and who doesn’t mind paying a very significant premium, the Omega Enthusiast is an option.
 
Posts
1,581
Likes
12,610
Most of his buyers are "one time buyers" after they find out they can't even get 30% back
 
Posts
2,077
Likes
4,244
Most of his buyers are "one time buyers" after they find out they can't even get 30% back

yeah the resale market from his customers has to be a low pool ... those are the zingers you see later on C24.
 
Posts
8,130
Likes
36,636
Wow €4800 is pretty steep inded.....but you know all power to him if he can find them, service them, photograph them and then sell them for these kinds of prices.
 
Posts
2,335
Likes
1,456
He wouldn’t be charging this much if they weren’t selling.

ma
He wouldn’t be charging this much if they weren’t selling.

Not so. If he doesn’t make a living off selling watches and it’s a side gig. He can charge whatever he wants and lives off his main job and week to week pay check
 
Posts
250
Likes
266
He definitely has a niche. Condition is nice. For that kind of premium I'd expect a perfect dial and all the extras. But, you throw some tasty a bait and eventually someone may bite
 
Posts
1,258
Likes
2,737
Just curious what his buying price was for that piece? If he sells that high, should be offer a high price for seller as well?
 
Posts
3,578
Likes
13,519
Let's just say I've lost to him on eBay multiple times, even when I was fairly confident my bid was pretty safe.
 
Posts
6,762
Likes
10,418
Let's just say I've lost to him on eBay multiple times, even when I was fairly confident my bid was pretty safe.

and there’s the rub….

if he has the financial clout to buy up high quality examples, that make their way to the open market, ahead of collectors - and then prices them at a high retail selling price - the danger is that he could become a one man market-price trend-setter.

However, luckily for us the market is global and so is Omega Forums - therefore, as long as we keep pointing out that his prices are quite ludicrous his little corner of the market should stay just that.

and in this case, whilst the case is quite nice, the dial quality is average at best and certainly not worth any kind of premium.
 
Posts
906
Likes
1,739
Let's just say I've lost to him on eBay multiple times, even when I was fairly confident my bid was pretty safe.
I often wondered where he gets all of these usually high quality pieces. I wouldn't have thought it was Ebay. I assumed he has sources from Japan or Hong Kong. He must invest a lot of time sourcing.