36mm Bond (or pre-Bond) Seamaster

I thought a couple of shots to contrast against some 41mm might help.... 20230530_095601.jpg 20230530_095840.jpg

So in the end I went 36mm (2262.50) and am feeling good. Definitely smaller (and a lot lighter) than the all-dial 43mm AT I wear daily, but it has substantial presence and doesn’t feel small to me in any way. A great fit and a fantastic looking “beater” watch.

One thing I’d say: I’ve sized dozens of bracelets including several pin-sleeve ones, and this was by far the most challenging I’ve ever dealt with. My neighbors probably thought I was filming a Tarantino movie with all the f-bombs.

The time zone feature is great. And this has the best lume of any watch I’ve owned. Phenomenal.

Edit: also have to remark: this is first quartz watch I’ve owned where the second hand lands precisely on a tick-mark all the way around the dial. Good job, Omega.

Edited:

Here's mine! My first Omega was the quartz from 2011 with blue bezel, i guess that one was 41mm. I ended up selling it and went for this one- really like the yellow/orange lume plots, the steel bezel and size! Currently testing if it's still waterproof and looking forward to wearing it in summer
Don’t mean to nitpick it’s more of a question really. I see yours is still changing the date almost a half hour into the day. Mine has a nice snap change right at 12:00. I’m curious is it’s just the photo or perhaps your date complication works differently

So in the end I went 36mm (2262.50) and am feeling good. Definitely smaller (and a lot lighter) than the all-dial 43mm AT I wear daily, but it has substantial presence and doesn’t feel small to me in any way. A great fit and a fantastic looking “beater” watch.

One thing I’d say: I’ve sized dozens of bracelets including several pin-sleeve ones, and this was by far the most challenging I’ve ever dealt with. My neighbors probably thought I was filming a Tarantino movie with all the f-bombs.

The time zone feature is great. And this has the best lume of any watch I’ve owned. Phenomenal.

Edit: also have to remark: this is first quartz watch I’ve owned where the second hand lands precisely on a tick-mark all the way around the dial. Good job, Omega.

Looks great on your wrist. Congrats!

7.25” inch wrist - midsize:
7CB5B772-5BE3-4E6E-B09A-27EDD127868A.jpeg 67FA840A-EADE-4977-AB6F-55F2DB370CC1.jpeg

And the 41mm for comparison:
37F3944B-DFB8-4A19-AED5-AB0B75E20146.jpeg
Thanks for posting those pics for comparison. I'm constantly amazed at how the midsize can still look good on larger wrist sizes. Reassures me that mine still looks OK on my puny 6in wrist 😁
Omega have clearly got the proportions right on this watch.
PXL_20210125_044006552.jpg

Thanks for posting those pics for comparison. I'm constantly amazed at how the midsize can still look good on larger wrist sizes. Reassures me that mine still looks OK on my puny 6in wrist 😁
Omega have clearly got the proportions right on this watch.
PXL_20210125_044006552.jpg
I think the midsize is well proportioned and has presence, especially on the bracelet, but the 41mm hugs the wrist as it’s so thin and is a very comfortable wear. Ultimately I think it’s just a question of choice.

aaand now I need to add a midsize Seamaster to my list...these wristshots look great!

It looks a little strange off the wrist: I find the bracelet seems disproportionally large to the watch without any taper. But on the wrist, it’s absolute perfection. Understated but not small to the point where anyone would notice it and think it looked off. One of those watches that gets you rethinking the whole “big watch” trend.

Looks great. I love this model. I prefer the black with sword hands and the simpler bracelet style.

What's the ref number for this one you ended up going with, the black-on-black?

I agree, the midsize version fits great for thin wrists. Here is mine on my 16cm wrist.
image.jpg
But as said previously, the lug to lug is still the reference, my 41mm still fits just fine to my eyes PXL_20230511_092012372.MP.jpg