2023 Price Increases

How many eggs does the average person eat anyway? So much energy around the price, yes it seems like a crazy amount when you look at the % of increase…but why are people losing it if they are now 5 or 6 dollars a dozen (here in AZ) vs. 2 dollars before? Yes it’s more than double…but WTF it’s still no more than a pint of lager or IPA at the bar or a glass of wine. The reaction seems disproportionate to the actual expenditure monthly.
Yes, but that pint of lager and glass of wine went up too, along with gas, electric, etc., etc. It’s one thing if it was just the eggs, but it’s most certainly not!

small jump in price on accessories too. Foldover (deployant) clasps went up $10.

Nato straps are also went up 20€. They were 180€ and now 200€. It makes 11.11%.

I am so glad that I pulled the trigger for my Speedy 4 months ago and the Nato 2 months ago. Omega is getting more and more into the higher price category in general. It is definitely more luxury brand than 10-15 years ago. To be honest, with its history, recognizability, really good movements and new developments it is still mostly worthed. But of course I would prefer if it was cheaper. Grey market and vintage prices went also up because of these price increases. The same story is going with Longines in the Swatch Group. The Flagship I purchased in 2017 for 1050€ is now 1690€. %61 change in 5 years! This is a lot even if it is still a best seller. Compared to Omega this change is even sharper.

I just bought a leather strap & clasp from an AD in Florida. Their quote, "The strap is $360 and the deployment buckle is $310, plus tax." This is for a Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow so I wanted to stay OEM. Not cheap, but it will be 100% original. This is replacing the gold / stainless bracelet it originally came with. I'm certainly glad I'm not wanting or needing to buy that.

I completely understand price rises are necessary but don’t particularly agree on raising the price on items that have been paid for and just not supplied.
I have a deposit down on a 321 and would have been more than happy to pay the final amount and pick it up last week but instead just took another hit to the pocket.
Was told if I don’t like it just get my deposit back. Not the attitude I expected from Omega. Am I still on the list? Absolutely but won’t be racing to get the other Omegas I had in mind for this year.

I need to update this as I got a very pleasant surprise call on the weekend advising that all deposits down for the 321 prior to the rise will have the price honoured. I was once a big fanboy of another brand but the service I continue to receive from Omega is just outstanding. There's never been any question about the products and I have subsequently put my name down for the new Bond and am eyeing off some other pieces following this.

Like 1
I just checked the website of my local AD in Scottsdale. There appear to be no price increases.

I just checked the website of my local AD in Scottsdale. There appear to be no price increases.
Your dealer just hasn't updated his unofficial website with the new prices yet. Omega has increased its prices in the US, the AD can't escape that fact.

From what I can tell, the price increases in the US aren't that much. Perhaps a few hundred dollars depending on the watch. For example, the NTTD was $9200 (on bracelet), increased to $9500. NATO straps were $160, now $170. The new 60yrs Bond watch didn't change at all, still $7900.

I need to update this as I got a very pleasant surprise call on the weekend advising that all deposits down for the 321 prior to the rise will have the price honoured. I was once a big fanboy of another brand but the service I continue to receive from Omega is just outstanding. There's never been any question about the products and I have subsequently put my name down for the new Bond and am eyeing off some other pieces following this.

Nothing as significant as a new watch, but I just ordered a new OEM band & clasp from an Omega boutique in Orlando, FL. 'Debbie' was nice, very responsive & helpful. She didn't ask for a deposit, nothing. She just said she'd call me when it came in. Then, I figured it would 2 to 3 weeks out. Nope, one week later, that's it. I paid for it and they're on their way. Thx, Debbie. It was a great retail experience.

Like 1
Saw these increases this week in London, the Planet Ocean prices surprised me, I may have imagined it but wasn't it around £5100 - £5300 ish and it's now £6500GB. Quite a hike

I wonder if the prices will continue to go up.
I know inflation is a thing, but will people be willing to keep up with the "luxury" watch market?

From what I can tell, the price increases in the US aren't that much. Perhaps a few hundred dollars depending on the watch. For example, the NTTD was $9200 (on bracelet), increased to $9500. NATO straps were $160, now $170. The new 60yrs Bond watch didn't change at all, still $7900.

I think the "problem" is that they do this incremental price increase a little more often nowadays than they did before.

I think the "problem" is that they do this incremental price increase a little more often nowadays than they did before.
That's not true as far as the US is concerned, prices have been steady since January 2018 when there was a small increase and then steady until this new, fairly minor, increase in February 2023.

I wonder if the prices will continue to go up.
I know inflation is a thing, but will people be willing to keep up with the "luxury" watch market?
It's cliche, but it will likely keep going up as long as people are still buying.

I bought an 300SMP at ED Marshall in Scottsdale in August for $5400. On their website today some are still $5400 and some (presumably newer stock) are $5600.

An OB manager mentioned an upcoming price increase when I was in the store last week.

I was speaking to my Hamilton/Longines dealer and prices are going to go up on July 1st. Told me to get my purchases locked in before hand. I'll be buying the blue aviation pioneer and probably ly the auto Chrono on the bund at this point. Ugh.
Edited:

I know that in my business as an RD for Senior Livings, everything has gone up. Food, office supplies, maintenance equipment. Everything, we even increased the wages on all staff, some by $2-3$ hr..I would suspect that the same thing has happened in the watch industry, they have to go up to meet their margins. Omega makes a great product and they have excellent customer service. I will pay the increase for something I want.

Back in the 80's watch prices were increased 2 or 3 times a year, so I wouldn't be surprised to see another increase in July.

Like 1
I remember the cost of the Speedy Tuesday 1 was $7800AUD and like 18 months later the Speedy Tuesday 2 was $8700AUD

Speedmaster Moon now over $10k AUD

01F707DF-6081-4EC1-B66E-9D2A4EE44991.png
This is before the increase comes in on July 1st in Australia too, add another 8% into this