2023 Price Increases

The secret sauce on eBay is that every now and then they come up with 10% coupons on watch purchases, up to $500 off. I’m in NY, so that basically covers the sales tax. Buy the Speedy for $5k and you’re actually out of pocket $4,500 plus tax and shipping.
I bought mine new on Chrono24 from a dealer at a discount that basically covered the sales tax on MSRP. Not a steal but not terrible especially with the recent price increases. Also got 2% back from the credit card.

Like 2
The 3861 hits the secondary market at decent prices if you’re willing to hunt around a bit. I picked one up a couple months ago from a guy who had it for a couple months and decided he wanted something else. Full kit including warranty cards from an AD in NYC. Ran me a bit under $5k shipped.

Wow that is quite a "discount" from the msrp...
Do Omega watches lose that much value right out of the gate?

Wow that is quite a "discount" from the msrp...
Do Omega watches lose that much value right out of the gate?

Mine was perhaps a bit below market, but it seems like the sweet spot for recent (year old or less) examples is maybe in the low $5000’s.

Here’s one on eBay that was a couple years old and sold for $4,500 and change:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285369946231

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Like 2
Mine was perhaps a bit below market, but it seems like the sweet spot for recent (year old or less) examples is maybe in the low $5000’s.

Here’s one on eBay that was a couple years old and sold for $4,500 and change:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285369946231

Hmmm this puts me off even more from buying a new Omega.
I probably won't sell my watch, but I don't want an asset to lose several thousand dollars right after purchase...

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Hmmm this puts me off even more from buying a new Omega.
I probably won't sell my watch, but I don't want an asset to lose several thousand dollars right after purchase...

Yes, unless you're talking a limited availability issue like the Bond 60th or Ed White, there's going to be a loss going from retail to grey market in most cases. There are plenty of people this community that think the am I going to take experience is the way to go, but there are plenty more that think I'm doing great Market to begin with is totally okay, Community seems fairly divided on this point and there's no wrong way to do it.

One of the gray market outfits I’ve used a couple times in the past has the 310.32.42.50.01.001 (cal 3861 Hesalite on a strap) for $4,995 brand new. Current list is $6,600 so if my math is correct that’s a little over 24% discount. I’m not so enamored of the new bracelet that I wouldn’t consider buying a Moon Speedy on a strap and spending a couple hundred bucks on a Forstner bracelet. I have a Forstner Bullet on my 3570.50 and think I prefer to the OE Omega bracelet. IMO there wouldn’t be a lot of downside to going this route as I doubt you would lose more than $500 or so if you decided to sell.

Here in Luxembourg the largest portion of the 50% immigrants are Portuguese. You can smell from 100 meters away through walls and windows when this fish is being cooked, smells disgusting but tastes amazing.

Luxembourg always impressed me anytime I stopped there. Haha the fish is too strong a smell!

Like 1
That's not true as far as the US is concerned, prices have been steady since January 2018 when there was a small increase and then steady until this new, fairly minor, increase in February 2023.

I kinda skimmed the rest of the thread since it went off topic, so apologies if someone else already addressed this.

Theres no way this is true. I think? I havent dug up the specific US price increases from the last few years but I'm almost positive there has been at least one because I recall my Snoopy costing more when I picked it up vs when I joined the list.

I kinda skimmed the rest of the thread since it went off topic, so apologies if someone else already addressed this.

Theres no way this is true. I think? I havent dug up the specific US price increases from the last few years but I'm almost positive there has been at least one because I recall my Snoopy costing more when I picked it up vs when I joined the list.
It is true. My message you quoted was from March 20, 2023 so it doesn't address anything past that date, obviously. Prior to 2018 the basic hesalite Speedmaster was US$5,250. On Jan 1, 2018 it was increased a token $100 to US$5,350 where it remained until the new 3861 replaced it. If you look on the US website it still shows the old 1861 Speedmaster at $5,350 and even though it is no longer available the price has not increased. (Omega usually increases prices on older models even though they are no longer available. The Apollo 11 50th is no longer available but it was given a price increase last year.)

Your Snoopy increased because it got hit with last year's general increase across the line. That's the only increase for Omega since 2018.

Omega's prices for the basic Speedmaster are rock steady from Jan 2018 until now for the 1861, that's six years. Once in awhile an 1861 will still pop up in dealer's stock so they pipeline isn't completely dry. I don't know what the prices were for the rest of the Omega line but my impression is they were steady until last year's increase which was pretty benign in the scheme of things.

It is true. My message you quoted was from March 20, 2023 so it doesn't address anything past that date, obviously. Prior to 2018 the basic hesalite Speedmaster was US$5,250. On Jan 1, 2018 it was increased a token $100 to US$5,350 where it remained until the new 3861 replaced it. If you look on the US website it still shows the old 1861 Speedmaster at $5,350 and even though it is no longer available the price has not increased. (Omega usually increases prices on older models even though they are no longer available. The Apollo 11 50th is no longer available but it was given a price increase last year.)

Omega's prices for the basic Speedmaster were rock steady from Jan 2018 until now for the 1861. I don't know what the prices were for the rest of the Omega line but my impression is they were steady until last year's increase which was pretty benign in the scheme of things.

Hah, I didn't realize this was an old thread that got bumped. There was a price increase in July 2023 for the US but your post preceded that anyway.

Still, I thought there were other increases in 2021 and 2022 for the US as well. Will do some digging later, unless someone has a watchcharts premium account that would make this very easy.

Hah, I didn't realize this was an old thread that got bumped. There was a price increase in July 2023 for the US but your post preceded that anyway.

Still, I thought there were other increases in 2021 and 2022 for the US as well. Will do some digging later, unless someone has a watchcharts premium account that would make this very easy.
The 2023 increase was in Feb. 2023, that was the only increase last year AFAIK. I don't think you will find any increase in US prices for 2019, 2020, 2021 or 2022 in the Speedmaster line.