Forums Latest Members
  1. MCC Oct 13, 2019

What and no one is posting about the Japan V Scotland game ????? That was a really enjoyable game of rugby (unless you are Scottish I guess).

Really looking forward to the quarter finals next weekend, some really good match ups !!

machamp6650, G-Web and madjestikmoose like this.
  2. Socks Oct 13, 2019

Japan v Scotland game of the tournament so far. Japan's ball handling, confidence & energy (particularly in the 1st Half) blew Scotland away. My only concern with them is their ability to retain the ball in the ruck. Scotland turned them over quite a few times, even from a settled ruck. A team like New Zealand would overwhelm them.

machamp6650, G-Web and madjestikmoose like this.
  3. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Oct 13, 2019

This. What an incredible game. I really fancy the Japanese v the Springboks next weekend; they’ll feel like they can take anybody on. Felt terrible for Koo and his bust rib though.

G-Web likes this.
  4. G-Web Oct 13, 2019

I live on the east coast of the US, and I’m currently in Las Vegas visiting family. So of course the first night I wake up at 3am. Unable to fall back asleep, I turn on the TV and started scrolling. Lo and behold, I stumble upon the Japan Scotland game.

It was the first time I’d ever watched a rugby game from start to finish, and I was blown away. I had no idea whether all games were that riveting, so it’s good to hear that more knowledgeable fans like yourselves deem it an exceptional match.

First order of business when I get home is to figure out how to stream the upcoming games. I’m definitely tuning in for more.

Cheers,
    -GW

5. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Oct 13, 2019

Glad you enjoyed it, and welcome to the game! Sadly not all matches are that riveting, same as any sport really, but now the group stages of the tournament are over with and we move to the quarter-finals things will get a lot juicier... England v Australia and Japan v RSA next weekend will be the biggest games imo... NZ will stuff Ireland and Wales should win against France.

G-Web likes this.
  6. makaria indica Oct 13, 2019

if you follow Rugby you will be familiar with Stephen Jones, a welsh sports journalist...... not very well regarded in the southern hemisphere, as he has a habit of writing dribble.

It appears the Irish are not to fond of him either, his Wikipedia page has been updated.

Stephen Jones is a Welsh journalist and the rugby correspondent for The Sunday Times since 1970s. [1] He now (as of 2019) covers Rugby for The Times as well. He also has a tendency to write pieces without fact-checking them. The IRFU aren't very impressed with his scurrilous allegations regarding RWC19. He also contributes an occasional report on others sports that he knows equally less about, such as cricket, football, and golf, in addition to his main topic of rugby union, although his inherent anti-Irish bias is not as prevalent in these articles.[2]

p4ul likes this.
  7. Socks Oct 20, 2019

All the quarter finals have be exceptional and running true to form. Australia not quite up to their 2015 best & England grinding out the win. New Zealand are, well... New Zealand. France throwing it away, South Africa too much for Japan.

Japan can be proud of what they have achieved.

p4ul likes this.
  8. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Oct 20, 2019

“not very well regarded in the southern OR NORTHERN hemisphere, as he has a habit of writing crap”

FIFY

makaria indica likes this.
  9. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Oct 20, 2019

"England grinding out a win".... What game were you watching? ::confused2::

madjestikmoose likes this.
  10. MCC Oct 20, 2019

I was a bit disappointed by the quarter finals. I though Australia were poor and their decision making was not what you would expect from an Australian side.

The All Blacks were ferocious and were always going the writing was on the wall early in the game.

France V Wales was exciting and I think the result might have been different had it not been for French indiscipline. France could have an amazing side in 2-3 years.

South Africa were way too powerful for Japan. Brave effort from Japan but South Africa were ruthless if not pretty to watch.

Semi finals will be very interesting. top 4 ranked sides in action …..

The world cup has been really good so far and Japan have done an amazing job of hosting it.

p4ul likes this.
  11. Socks Oct 20, 2019

I hear you.... 4 tries to 1 and a good result. Just don’t want to get ahead of ourselves. I was at Twickenham 4 years ago and it still smarts! I ended up in Chertsey A&E!!

12. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Oct 20, 2019

I was there too. Not getting ahead at all and each game as it comes but it is still possible to celebrate a good win for what it is without professing to have suddenly become World beaters overnight

Private_Doberman and Socks like this.
  13. makaria indica Oct 20, 2019

Some great rugby on the weekend, looking forward to the semis ...

Gav1967 likes this.
  14. sleepyhead Oct 21, 2019

That was horrific viewing for a Wallabies fan :(

Why run it out every single time from deep within your own territory? No kicking game at all.

The All Blacks were ferocious - I'm hoping they run over, around and right through England.

15. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Oct 26, 2019

Waiting for you to join us in the final after tomorrow

p4ul likes this.
  16. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Oct 26, 2019

Amazing performance by the whole England team, to beat the All Black's in a world cup semi final is just awesome.

17. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Oct 26, 2019

ABs were never in the game. Their try was a gift.England totally dominant

Sidnos likes this.
  18. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Oct 26, 2019

Yep, England defended and tackled like heroes and never allowed the Kiwi's to play their game.

Sidnos, ClarendonVintage and Gav1967 like this.
  19. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Oct 26, 2019

That did not work out for you, many apologies.
    ;)

MCC, Mods, Private_Doberman and 2 others like this.
  20. machamp6650 Oct 26, 2019

Hate to admit it, but the Poms played an almost perfect game against the ABs tonight. They'll be the team to beat in the final.

oinkitt, Gav1967 and p4ul like this.