Forums Latest Members
  1. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Nov 2, 2019

Absolutely but your forwards set the tone and took the ref with them. The momentum from the first minute was with them and they never let up with the pressure

2. Sidnos Nov 2, 2019

Thoroughly deserved by SA. Shambles of a performance by England.
    Shame, we could’ve done with some good news considering the recent events here but the best team won and by a mile.

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 2, 2019

First man you pick in a squad is a tight head prop. ;)

p4ul and Gav1967 like this.
  4. Sidnos Nov 2, 2019

Losing Sinckler so early seemed to have a big impact; boy was out for the count though it didn’t look like a massive collision.
    C’est la vie!

Gav1967 likes this.
  5. Jonathan40 Nov 2, 2019

South Africa did their homework, Turned up and performed on the day.
    Well deserved win.
    At least the BBC sports personality of the year awards night will only be between Liverpool FC and England 1 day cricket team for team of the year award. Come on Red Men.

Gav1967 likes this.
  6. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Nov 2, 2019

which the cricketers will win of course :)

7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 2, 2019

I don’t think the English wingers touched the ball the whole game. ( besides from a kick )

8. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Nov 2, 2019

yep and i will say it again. congratulations

speedydownunder and STANDY like this.
  9. MCC Nov 2, 2019

Congratulations SA, well deserved. Very disappointing from an English standpoint, they got sucked into the type of game they were always likely to lose and made too many basic mistakes (handling, missing touch with the kick etc). A fantastic tournament although bringing the trophy on the pitch in a land rover seemed a little bizarre.

Gav1967 likes this.
  10. Chye Nov 2, 2019

The game lit up in the last quarter? The Boks basically did to the English what the English did to the ABs last week. Congrats SA!

Sidnos and Gav1967 like this.
  11. Socks Nov 2, 2019

SA were on point and agreed, losing Sinclair so early didn't give us a chance to ramp up the intensity. Cole didn't look like he wanted to be there. Seemed to depart from The NZ-ENG game plan by pushing Tuilagi out wide. I don't think he got his shirt dirty.

Gav1967 likes this.
  12. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Nov 2, 2019

France ‘23.....
    Come on England!

Gav1967 likes this.
  13. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Nov 2, 2019

Watched the replay starting at the 2nd half. Never really watched Rugby. Unable to decipher one rule or strategy of the game. At one point SA and England had a scrum or whatever it is. England pushed SA back and received a penalty kick. No rhyme or reason for anything I can see.
    is blocking legal in rugby? I would reason to guess it is not. But then none of it makes sense. Especially the reason for a penalty
    Guess I’ll crack open a rugby rule book on the net

Gav1967 likes this.
  14. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Nov 2, 2019

Starting out rugby must look complex. If you are interested in investing the time to learn then there is no more interesting team game that I have watched, it is a simple but also complex game. There are no set plays as you find in American football but there are similarities.
    Here is a link that might help.

https://www.rugbyhow.com/basic-rugby-rules.html

if you can find Japan v Scotland or England v New Zealand matches from the recent World Cup online I would recommend watching either of them.

Gav1967 and Sidnos like this.
  15. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Nov 2, 2019

Well deserved by the RSA, England were poor, particularly in the scrum and careless passing. I’ve spent the last hour telling my brother (a big football fan who’s been winding me up all day) why I’m happier being a England rugby supporter than a football one and it’s fair to say he’s not jeering any more. Bring on the Six Nations :)

16. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Nov 2, 2019

I am from Wigan, in England, and those of you from England, and maybe Auz or NZ will realize why being from Wigan makes me a massive Rugby League fan over Rugby Union. However, I really do appreciate both Sports, and I watched this game and hats off to SA. They did to England what England did to the All Blacks in the semi final...totally outplayed them.

Edited Nov 2, 2019
    makaria indica and Gav1967 like this.
  17. rob#1 Nov 2, 2019

Hats off to South Africa, they played to their strengths and stuck to their game plan. England looked like they had left all their strengths and ideas in the semi, and their game plan (though they didn’t appear to have one) was shot through.

18. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 2, 2019

Credit to England as
    Australia, New Zealand and then South Africa is one hell of a task in three weeks.

Good to see how World Cups can come down to any team in the finals

Could have easily been a Wales v New Zealand final.

MCC, Gav1967 and p4ul like this.