Forums Latest Members

**** 2016 Thanksgiving Photo Contest - Fabulous Prizes!! ****

1. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Nov 21, 2016

Now it all started two Thanksgivings ago... two years ago, on Thanksgiving ...

[​IMG]
    Mrs. noelekal first listened to this very album over 38 years ago, which was even before she was Mrs. noelekal and I am very thankful for her and for her considerable abilities to "cook a Thanksgiving dinner that can't be beat." It's been a Thanksgiving tradition to listen to Alice's Restaurant ever since.

My favorite Omega watch, a '57 Constellation is used to tie the ornamental corn.

Those Forum members who wish to sing along may do so at this time. A Thanksgiving Day earworm is guaranteed for all.

Edited Nov 22, 2016
    Jwit, tapaptpat, cicindela and 5 others like this.
  2. GBTRIUMPH Nov 21, 2016

Love number 1! Very cool.
    Number 2 is too avant-garde for me.

Edited Nov 21, 2016
    tapaptpat and daddykc like this.
  3. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Nov 22, 2016

My latest Omega acquisition, a reference 2849, was bestowed the Thanksgiving modeling duties by my little sister this year. She earned the honor by happily volunteering to host a total of 18 family members (and 7 dogs) this wonderful year:

IMG_7314.JPG

4. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Nov 22, 2016

Well Thanksgiving is not a thing in Denmark but I give thanks anywayz

First I give thanks that my youngest daughter appears to be interested in watches:
    image.jpeg

Secondly I give thanks that my wife is an excellent cook and takes her time to be in the kitchen with my oldest daughter, while I do wristshots of my Speedy around the flat :rolleyes:
    image.jpeg

Omega1, Norfolk, daddykc and 13 others like this.
  5. grizzlycanuck Nov 22, 2016

Up here in Canada, we have our Thanksgiving in October, with beautiful fall colours as the leaves change. Took this one on our Thanksgiving weekend, just before our dinner.

IMG_3951.jpg

Omega1, Bienne2998, watchme and 7 others like this.
  6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 22, 2016

Some nice entries rolling in! :thumbsup:

One more day!

I may have to relax rule #3 a bit, as the narrative on many is adding to the enjoyment of the photo, at least for me. We'll see what the other judges think. ;)

7. GregH Nov 22, 2016

My dad's been gone a little over a year and my uncle passed when I was 11, but this photo of the two of them on my parent's wedding day always makes me smile. Dad's in the right. After I asked to borrow his Omega Seamaster De Ville for a special event, he gave it to me as a gift. I'm grateful he was there to celebrate the event. It's not the watch in the photo, but he wore it every day when I was growing up. A solid gold watch represented leaving his peasant origins to become our family's first professional. I wear it with thanks for the time we had together Love and miss you dad.
    IMG_2734.JPG IMG_2735.JPG

Omega1, Bienne2998, watchme and 18 others like this.
  8. red crowned Nov 22, 2016

Everyday, I look forward to visit this site. My favorite place to hang out. Thank you everyone......

1.JPG 2.JPG
    Omega1, Mad Dog, ahartfie and 5 others like this.
  9. semper_shells Nov 23, 2016

I am thankful for this watch as it was given to me by my wife for ten years of faithful and dedicated service to my marriage. lol

IMG_0421.JPG

Omega1, Deafboy, Mad Dog and 6 others like this.
  10. bristnj Nov 23, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving to all. A lovely Fall view from Station Square in Pittsburgh earlier this week. On the wrist - Waltham 7736 (custom)
    [​IMG]
    And.............Stay away from the political chat at the table! :0)
    [​IMG]

Omega1, gostang9, Mad Dog and 7 others like this.
  11. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Nov 23, 2016

This was the watch that my late grandfather inspired me to buy on the day after I joined Omega Forums a little over two years ago. It was my first vintage purchase, and it started a delicious obsession :thumbsup:.

Thank you so much for this Forum, and a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

IMG_7316.JPG

Omega1, Bienne2998, gostang9 and 10 others like this.
  12. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 23, 2016

Wow, all I can say is great wives think alike :thumbsup:

Mrs Cicindela does the same, LP vinyl of course. :)
    FullSizesdssRender.jpg

Omega1, Mad Dog, Jwit and 4 others like this.
  13. tapaptpat Nov 23, 2016

Here are my two late entries. Happy Thanks Giving from the other side of the pond.

1. The stuff that happens behind the scenes. The were is wally shot.

[​IMG]

2. Two trusted friends.

[​IMG]

Enjoy
    Pat

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Omega1, ahartfie, Mad Dog and 6 others like this.
  14. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 23, 2016

Tony if you are going to be in London you really should visit with our Official OF UK Turkey.
    1643.jpg
    The lizardman, @tyrantlizardrex

bristnj likes this.
  15. tyrantlizardrex Nov 23, 2016

tapaptpat likes this.
  16. tapaptpat Nov 23, 2016

Always a pleasure, never a choir. As a n00b1 I was vetted by the "firm", manifesting itself as @tyrantlizardrex and @Spacefruit
    Being an oddball cross of the below, I felt welcome though like a small child in wonka land

Oh.... the banter

PS Meatball day has been every Tuesday for decads...I'm starting to see why this feels like home away from home

Edited Nov 23, 2016
    Mad Dog, Archer and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  17. HogWldFLTR Nov 23, 2016

Love all the entries; as for me I'm working through tonight until 6:00 am. Start up again tomorrow at 6:00 pm. Thanksgiving will have to wait until Saturday. I'm grateful for the new bracelet for the new manual wind 6694. Below is what my Thanksgiving view will look like for the most part. FWIW, Thanksgiving isn't a matter or where you are or what you are doing. It's a matter of recognizing all you have and have been given in life. This needs to be recognized daily, even continually and not just once a year.

[​IMG]

Edited Nov 23, 2016
    Omega1, Mad Dog, Norfolk and 5 others like this.
  18. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Nov 23, 2016

One of the most important ways I live my life is by being aware of where I'm from and showing appreciation for where I am and how I got here. I am the family historian and feel connected to my loved ones by using what was precious to them. It takes effort and making the effort is super important to me.

So I ironed the linen tablecloth that's too big for my table. It didn't help today that the switch somehow broke and I had to apply constant pressure for it to work.

IMG_3049.JPG

I polished the silver we're going to use. To me there's nothing like it. And it doesn't go in the dishwasher, so there's more work on the other end.

IMG_3051.JPG

But the end result is a pretty table filled with three generations of memories. I think it's worth it.

IMG_3057.JPG

The cooking tomorrow will be the easy part.

Omega1, Norfolk, daddykc and 7 others like this.
  19. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Nov 23, 2016

My second entry can somewhat be connected to the theme of my first entry.

As I stated earlier:
    This hobby has taught me more than I ever expected it to(already) and I can thank many of the contributing members for these lessons. However, what I am most thankful for is how my interest in watches has taught me to connect.

After my (paternal) grandfather passed away last year my Dad mentioned, while sorting through his estate, that he had an Omega from the 60s. Just out of pure curiosity I began to scroll through the endless information about the watch. This eventually led me to Omega Forums, but in turn it also helped me connect with my grandfather on a whole new level even after he passed. I learned more about him from family after mentioning the watch than I ever would have without it. I find this to be incredibly beautiful as well as very sad.

I wish I could go back and make up the time, however I cannot. With this unsettling feeling I have made an effort to connect with my maternal grandfather while I do have the time. I am very lucky that I have this opportunity and I am very thankful for this. I am thankful for a watch, a connection, and an opportunity to strengthen family ties while using time to our advatange.

My photo in this entry is of my grandfather's watch which I have had fully serviced as a gift for my father.

Genuinely and thankfully

Jake

PS. Through the time I have spent with my maternal grandfather this year, I have come to notice a mint C case SS Connie donning his wrist from time-to-time.

IMG_0030.JPG
    Edited Nov 23, 2016
    Omega1, Bienne2998, bristnj and 7 others like this.
  20. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 23, 2016

Tick tock!

Heading to bed, and will extend the entry deadline until I wake up tomorrow. ::psy::

If you don't hear from me in the morning, I didn't wake up! :eek:

cicindela, tapaptpat and noelekal like this.