1959 Seamaster stops running when worn

I posted an introduction a while back. I finally received a beautiful Torre strap, and started to wear my "new" watch.

The watch appears to stop and lose time when it is on my wrist- I have never seen it stopped, but it loses "chunks" of time-15/20 mins. Letting it run on my desk- it runs flawless for hours.

I am sure it is need of a lubrication, as it has been in a drawer for 20+ years. Is there a preferred vendor to use for a service? I am located in the New York area.

Thank you for any advice

Are you sure it is stopping, or is it possible that the minute hand is slipping? It seems strange that it would stop for 15 minutes without your ever noticing it.

Just "tapped" it (on edge) and I do not see any slippage. I am going to rest it in different orientations to see if I can find a common cause

If it is something you are going to be wearing often, then I think a proper service would be the best bet for the longevity of the watch going forward.

If it is something you are going to be wearing often, then I think a proper service would be the best bet for the longevity of the watch going forward.

I agree. Any recommendations who I should use?
That probably all depends on where you are located and how much you want to spend.
The comprehensive and most expensive option would be Omega.

I wouldn't focus on finding a local watchmaker in the NYC area. It will be overpriced, and I've never seen any particularly strong recommendations. Also, it's simple to ship a watch like this. Search the forum for recommendations. Or better, use google to search within the omegaforums.net site.

Checked all the links, and I agree, there does not seem to be “a guy”. Hamilton seems to get some glowing reviews. I will search the site.

Thanks for the replies