Forums Latest Members
  1. MTROIS Jan 23, 2017

Good day all!
    As title states, I am looking for a very reputable repair / service shop in the NYC area. Thank you for any lead you may have.

2. froezenite Jan 23, 2017

I believe Aaron Faber does servicing/repairs. They deal a lot with collectible vintage watches and have a service center very close to the store. It may be quite expensive but when I was in the store they said that they service all of the watches they sell and if that's true then they should be pretty experienced.
    I believe the store is located at 666 fifth avenue and the service center is just down the steps to the subway outside the main shop doors.

MTROIS likes this.
  3. MikeMan2727 Jan 23, 2017

I went to Manhattan Time Service when I lived in NY for an overhaul of an inexpensive vintage watch. They did a very good job and the watch still runs great. I'm not sure how they would be with more expensive vintage watches but they are always very responsive by phone or email.

MTROIS likes this.
  4. MTROIS Feb 13, 2017

Thank you guys!! Please keep the suggestions coming!!

5. MTROIS Feb 17, 2017

Will give them a try. They seem to be highly recommended...

6. Ninja2789 Feb 17, 2017

The guys at analog shift will also perform services. I would recommend just visiting them anyway. Super chill and lots of great vintage watches for you to try on.

7. MTROIS Mar 1, 2017

So, while my Flightmaster is in for service with Manhattan Time Service, I keep shopping for a place that could service my vintage Speedmaster in case these guys do not pan out well enough.
    So, I have contacted Tony Riggio, in Westport CT. Very nice guy, seems to be a master watchmaker, specialized in Omegas... but no longer wants to accept caliber 321s because he stated that he can not get the necessary parts!!
    This was a let down, but I will keep investigating and will report back.
    Thanks all.

8. MTROIS Mar 1, 2017

I went there already! Nice crew indeed....

9. dstern Jan 3, 2018

@MTROIS, can you tell us about your experience with Manhattan Time Service? Thanks.

10. MTROIS Apr 23, 2018

Ok gentlemen, I finally have some info to share with you.
    Based on my experience with Manhattan Time Services (can share more details off-line with anybody interested), I concluded that that place was not one I would entrust with my 2998.

Instead, I eventually decided to drop it off with Hamilton Jewelers in Princeton NJ. After a few monthS of waiting time during which I was in close contact with JC Figlar and Eric Norrbom, the watchmakers working on the watch, discussing what work should be performed or not, what parts absolutely HAD TO be salvaged and the ones that could be replaced with PERIOD-CORRECT replacement ones (also sourced on eBay when NLA from Omega such as the hesalite crystal), the watch was finally ready for pick up this past Saturday.
    They did an absolute fantastic job!! Watch came back within COSC specs (not bad for this old lady... and yet another testament to Caliber 321), 46 hours of power reserve and 315 deg of amplitude.

All in all, I can't say enough great things about JC and Eric, two passionate guys who always made the time to speak with me to fully understand my needs and expectations.

Highly recommend them... and Princeton is a beautiful place for a little stroll in town or in the park.

As you can see attached, enjoying a new daily wearer... :)

0859B227-DDF9-4306-ADAA-9429177FB9EF.jpeg
    NYCwatchgal, TDBK, gminnj and 5 others like this.
  11. gminnj Apr 23, 2018

Great to know... I’m in NJ and would love to have reliable service nearby, instead of shipping to California or elsewhere.

Thanks for sharing - and beautiful watch!

Glenn