1959 Original Owner

Posts
2
Likes
0
Hello, -not an Omegaphile - yet! Met my neighbor, 91 year old gentleman full of incredible D.C. stories. He found his Omega buried away and is open to selling it to me. But I can not I.D. it after scouring the net. (I’m aware of the dimestore band) and he said he asked his jeweler to refresh the lume and it looks like a botched job. The dial face is unlike anything I can find, secondary mkt piece? He doesn’t want me to open it and I’m moving in 3 days, so this is all I have. ANY INFO would be appreciated.
 
Posts
2,814
Likes
6,941
The dial has been repainted, not just relumed. Crown is wrong. I wouldn’t bother with this one.
 
Posts
13,908
Likes
54,081
Let it stay where it belongs in the junk drawer.
 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
This is not the way to start collecting vintage Omega watches.
 
Posts
2
Likes
0
Thanks , pretty much what I was feeling. Just such an interesting character - Nixon impeachment files in the garage! ( he was an atty). Thanks again.
 
Posts
2,335
Likes
1,457
Without opening it. Offer $100

I bought bad watches all day long and restored them. Some want original. Some want restored. I dealt with the latter