Posts
18
Likes
10
Hi all,

I recently bought this 1954 Omega Seamaster bumper and would appreciate a second opinion on the dial.

The watch looks very attractive overall, but the sunburst effect seems unusually strong to me, which made me wonder whether the dial might have been refinished/redone at some point rather than being original.
\I know the crown has been replaced.

I’ve attached the photos I have. From your experience, does this dial look original, or does anything suggest a redial? I’d also appreciate any thoughts on the printing, markers, crosshair, and overall consistency for a 1954 Seamaster bumper.

Thanks in advance.

 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
The sub-dial doesn’t look great to me in those photos.
 
Posts
9,225
Likes
76,832
I’m not familiar with this dial but aren’t there normally minute markers?
 
Posts
18,730
Likes
38,879
The sub-dial doesn’t look great to me in those photos.
I’m not familiar with this dial but aren’t there normally minute markers?
Add to that the intense sunburst finish and the lack of "Swiss Made".
My immediate reaction was re-dial.