145.022-74 back from Archer Watches

Posts
30,200
Likes
77,964
Maybe Archer can comment, but I’d say it’s a trade in danger of becoming extinct.
Yes. The biggest threat is brand policies that cease access to parts. Thankfully Omega is an exception in this regard.
 
Posts
19
Likes
44
As the thread is resurrected anyways: try Watchguy if you're in the UK. You can track your watch with photo documentation on their website.
Thanks for the reply. I’m very happy with my own watchmaker - what struck me here was simply Archer’s style and the level of documentation. I found that quite remarkable.
 
Posts
218
Likes
211
I do hope that Omega will continue making parts available to independent watchmakers for many years to come. I fear them slowly becoming like Rolex. My father just had his Seamaster sent out to Omega and they would not service the watch unless he agreed to purchasing new white gold hands from them and the old ones would not be returned. The hands were in perfect condition. Sad stuff compared to services provided by actual watchmakers.

Hats off & cheers to Al and his craft, and to the knowledge he shares with us daily. Thank you Thank you!
 
Posts
1,558
Likes
3,125
Archer is a rare in the industry. I have a competent and personable local watchmaker, but he doesn't document the service like Al. My guy does gladly discuss it and satisfies my curiosity, though.