Forums Latest Members

Zenith meets Breguet: the Chronometers of Thomas Engel

1. saabnut Jul 3, 2022

Chris, can you please reach out to me at the correct email [email protected]. I am embarrassed to say I now own 2 Engel tourbillons, however the setting method is forgotten and mystifying me. I would appreciate your help.

WilyB likes this.
  2. WilyB Sep 7, 2022

Thanks for the great writing about Breguet and Engels, very informative. A Breguet has been on my bucket list for a long time.

On a lighter note, on the book about Breguet, I was happy to discover that there was a Mr. Ducon who bought a Breguet, meaning he was probably not such a "ducon". ;)

Mark020 likes this.
  3. Bukem Aug 7, 2023

What's the material of the dial?

4. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Aug 13, 2023

Thanks for reviving this thread :cool:

5. Bukem Aug 15, 2023

Too beautiful to ignore it....

6. HamDoctor Dec 16, 2023

Pardon me for necroing this thread, but when I was crawling through some Japanese auctions I stumbled across one of these "Thomas Engel" watches and remembered that I had read about them here. Not a place where I had expected to find this on offer, but quality finds its way ... around the globe.

EDIT: Ah yes, price is of course interesting, too. Currently sitting at about 4000 EUR with no bids. The auction is not mine, of course.

So, maybe it is of interest to somebody, here's a link and some pictures:

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/h1117234481?conversionType=service_page_search

TE01.jpg TE02.jpg TE03.jpg TE04.jpg TE05.jpg

Edited Dec 16, 2023
    Dsloan likes this.