Your opinions on a newer railmaster?

The railmaster is super cool ... I'm biased as I have one of the older models ... still these denim dials are super sweet.

I am honored to have some old Tom's old railmaster straps for mine.

You are much closer to driving a train than me so as far as I’m concerned it’s on your resume.
I've been on the footplate of quite a few locomotives.... and as to whether I was driving at any time... that's for me to know 😉

The railmaster is super cool ... I'm biased as I have one of the older models ... still these denim dials are super sweet.

I love the older models. They are elegantly plain. I just run into issues with the humidity in my area. I certainly don’t live in the hottest part of the world and I do have some vintage watches that can stand up to it but some just ask me not to take them out on humid days.l

Love them, retailer in UK had them just over £2k right around pandemic and just after. Wish I’d pulled the trigger. Now just a bit more than I’m comfortable paying. Better than the Tudor ranger at being a tough tool watch in my opinion with a better movement.

Nice one Jim - sometimes a man picks the right watch for the right reasons and I think you probably just did that. Wear it in good health, and mind the cats!

Initially I did not like these models when they were released but they have really grown on me. I like the dial variations and texture.

These are also usually priced really well on the secondary market. Nice pickup!

Ah thanks so much for the feedback. I completely understand the couple negative factors ones I mean it’s not like a an omega best seller. I was also able to use crypto for the purchase so my real cost was quite low, I’ve been holding for years. Now the capital gains I’m going to have to figure out are going to create some pain but I was on a mission to buy a watch with crypto.

I shall get it sized this weekend. I did have a screwdriver set but put it in storage by mistake but it’ll give me a chance to talk to my watchmaker I’ve been trying to stay away from coaxial movements but my watchmaker is certified to repair them. I just needed a little help pushing me into the correct decision which, of course, is to wear the damn thing.

Thanks again.

I really like mine. It’s really quite versatile and looks good in a variety of straps and NATOs. IMG_3822.jpeg

Any owners find the raised lettering on the case back uncomfortable on the wrist?

Any owners find the raised lettering on the case back uncomfortable on the wrist?
Not in the slightest. I wear my railmaster on the Omega steel bracelet and it's so comfortable I could forget I'm wearing it.

Did you end up getting the denim dial? I keep thinking about these. I tried one on in the summer, and it’s even nicer in person.

Ha funny saw someone brought this thread back up. I think I’ve worn that railmaster 3-4 times and at the moment like the majority of my collection it’s locked away out of reach. I had it on a quality blue strap that seemed to match the dial well as those Omega bracelet with screws require heat to loosen up and I didn’t have the time to adjust it. I’ll sort it out eventually.

I did get to wear it at work a couple times and as I hoped it didn’t jump out only my co worker who took an interest in my watch collecting asked me about it as she wants her husband to be like me “don’t they all”. So anyway I’ll have this back eventually nice to see a picture of it thanks for bringing this thread back.

I would love to get a railmaster. I tried to make a couple deals online but couldn’t get to my price point, so I’ve been focused elsewhere. But I’m always looking for that priced just right deal. I’d take a fairly beat up one.

Did you end up getting the denim dial? I keep thinking about these. I tried one on in the summer, and it’s even nicer in person.
I didn't, just have the one from the 40mm era.

I like its simplicity and now seems to be a daily driver on my wrist..

IMG_2908.jpeg

IMG_2850.jpeg

IMG_2608.jpeg