WRUW Today?

Posts
15,933
Likes
47,850


Two today, actually. My 60 year old Tissot PR516 self winder with date, on a stainless steel Tissot sport bracelet which is a witch to fasten. And my 135 year old Stewart Dawson, Liverpool, sterling silver key winder on its 66 gram (more than two Troy ounces) sterling silver Waldemar chain. Got the Dawson with the chain for free, but as usual, quite a bit of “sweat equity” invested in it, over three sessions on my bench to bring it to where you see it. This is the best running 19th century English pocket watch I have ever seen.

View attachment 1322385
Edited:
 
Posts
735
Likes
2,976
The BOR bracelet reconnected me with this watch. Once for sale, now withdrawn.
Edited:
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
Threw caution to the wind and wore this out in public today- I like to live dangerously.
 
Posts
2,942
Likes
32,773
5240.50

For me, one of the most beautiful "recent" Omegas! I had to sell mine and I regret it, I hope to be able to buy another one soon. Enjoy!
 
Posts
15,933
Likes
47,850
good to see more canadians here.......


You really like that one, don’t you? I don’t blame you. It is good that it now performs much better for you.
 
Posts
1,351
Likes
5,992
DeVille 111.0139 from 1978. Not the golden age of mechanical watchmaking, but at least it's not quartz. Manual wind caliber 625 is small but fights above its weight class. I like it so much better on a Milanese bracelet than a leather strap.
Edited: