Speedmaster mk 4.5
I`m not a Rolex fan, but this one is beautiful, so elegant and tasteful…
Thank you, sir! It's definitely a favorite of mine.
Decided to get this one out of storage. It belonged to my wife’s uncle. 1953 6643 with cal 1060. It also has the original stretch rivet bracelet.
I offer the following craven excuses for your reading pleasure. Please choose one from among the following lameness listed below.
1. It was the first group fired from a new pistol, in a new caliber, with an unfamiliar trigger pull, with unfamiliar sight alignment characteristics, and with a grip configuration uniquely different than my familiar 1911-guns.
2. The new pistol was neither designed nor manufactured to be a match-grade handgun.
3. I was shooting into a late afternoon sun as this range was foolishly set up to face west.
4. I was tired from a lack of sleep on the previous two nights.
5. I'd been drinking coffee most of the day while at my dad's nursing home with the attendant caffeine-induced unsteadiness.
6. I was fretting about the fact that the pistol's ejection was flinging the empty cartridge cases far and wide, making finding them for future reloading difficult.
7. I was not using either best quality factory ammunition or skillfully prepared cartridges, carefully hand loaded for precision accuracy, but rather "the cheap stuff."
8. I was in a bit of a hurry to accomplish all I'd intended to do at the range because a rainstorm was in the offing and because I wanted to stop in at Mrs. noelekal's office before 5:00 when she leaves for the day.
9. Due to the burden of life's responsibilities over the past year which has curtailed beneficial regular attention to practice, I was shooting through a layer of rust ( this one's my personal pick out of the flowery, yet lame excuses offered).
10. I'm a crotchety ol' geezer, envious of the prowess of youth.
There are no right answers and that's the point. They are all excuses and not reasons.
Besides ... This was executed with an off hand, unsupported, two-handed hold and was 10 yards away for cryin' out loud! One of the shots was at least cuttin' the red center!
Ya' just gotta give me that one!
Back to our regularly scheduled Forum thread programing.
An early solid-hands, non-hacking Sea Wolf for a rainy Wednesday afternoon in Texas.
Triple calendars today
James Bond postponed But.. "We have all the time in the world"...
Just like looking down the bore of the new Colt Government Model .38 Super I picked up.
A few words changed and it's straight outa the racecar driver's 1001 excuses for crashing/losing book. Love it!
Long shot: any more ex-Age & Treachery members here?
My grail watch arrived today a few months early.
Omega Triple Date Moonphase today.....
I’m sorry I can’t stop
Thank you. I just got it. It's my bday present from my wife. I'm still working on how to break the news of her amazing generosity to her.
Wait, I think he was referring to a different, more elegant Rolex. Doh.
In Manhattan today. 1964 Astronaut. Rare old thing now with this dial.
That is beautiful. The yellow is a perfect touch and I’ve only ever seen it before on the “Schumacher” speedy.
Separate names with a comma.