WRUW Today?

Posts
7,293
Likes
76,612
I'm relativey new around here, but aren't we supposed to be posting photo's of actually wearing the watches on the day?
Some I notice they also don't match the same date as posting 🙄😉
Those are some great questions!

Sometimes changing the date on a vintage watch before wearing isn’t practical. It’s one of the reasons I prefer owning/wearing vintage that don’t have the date feature.

Personally, I rarely change the date on my date watches because if I did that every day, there is some extra wear that occurs by doing so, but if I’m going to wear it all day, I might go ahead and do it anyway.

As for actually wearing the watch, I have to agree with you, the thread is for wanting to know what are you actually wearing. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, and assume that they are just taking a picture before actually placing it on their wrist.... 😒..
 
Posts
772
Likes
7,530
I'm relativey new around here, but aren't we supposed to be posting photo's of actually wearing the watches on the day?
Some I notice they also don't match the same date as posting 🙄😉

Ha! Good observation!

I do indeed set my watches shown on this WRUW thread- including moonphase and other complications. I’m truly wearing it !
Perhaps I’m a bit OCD in that regard? 😗

However, I still enjoy seeing the broad range of visual treats seen here regardless of day/date setting.

I’m not sure any mechanical wear of setting a day/date on a watch is of consequence to the life of that watch when worn in any reasonable rotation.
 
Posts
7,293
Likes
76,612
I’m not sure any mechanical wear of setting a day/date on a watch is of consequence to the life of that watch when worn in any reasonable rotation.
This certainly should be true of a new watch; I've had some not so good luck with crowns and the turning mechanisms on a number of 50+ yo vintage, so I just avoid on those if I can.

Shouldn't be an issue on a recently serviced watch, either, but I have a wait-list on watches for service 🙄...
 
Posts
255
Likes
346
I'm relativey new around here, but aren't we supposed to be posting photo's of actually wearing the watches on the day?
Some I notice they also don't match the same date as posting 🙄😉
I think you can post what you want to post, at least I hope that is the case.....
 
Posts
7,090
Likes
56,947
I'm relativey new around here, but aren't we supposed to be posting photo's of actually wearing the watches on the day?
Some I notice they also don't match the same date as posting 🙄😉

It's nice to think that the watch being viewed is the member's choice for the day, however I'm certainly not going to avert my eyes from a nice watch photograph that looks suspiciously like a pretense of WRUW'ing. If someone takes the trouble to post a watch photograph then I'm gonna have a look.
 
Posts
735
Likes
2,976
Just learned the color of the strap is called spitfire. I really like it, colorful but also classy, especially on the classic size!
Edited:
 
Posts
255
Likes
346
Just learned the color of the strap is called spitfire. I really like it, colorful but also classy, especially on the classic size!
never seen that combo before....looks really good on that watch
 
Posts
2,541
Likes
19,779
Wearing the 2366 since Saturday afternoon . . .



. . . and thru today. Pic taken last night at Big Rock, just north of Malibu.




Art
 
Posts
3,601
Likes
9,159
I'm relativey new around here, but aren't we supposed to be posting photo's of actually wearing the watches on the day?
Some I notice they also don't match the same date as posting 🙄😉

I am wearing an early Calibre 11 Chrono-matic. It shows whatever date it wants to.



It's my lucky day Calibre 11-wise. The 17 is centered in the window. 👍
 
Posts
3,601
Likes
9,159
744907-58942e819f1cb363ac9639bfc23e2379.jpg

Like!

If ever I am lucky and wealthy enough to buy a Tin-tin it will go on a polka-dot Nato, just to upset the Nato haters.

I think I'd have to skip the red nails though 🙁