WRUW Today?

Posts
5,666
Likes
136,866
5441 Portuguese from 1993, made to honor IWC's 125th anniversary.


It helps to see these next to other watches to "get" the size and elegance. Yes, 42mm, but only 10 mm thin. For color reference, the little elephant is 50 year old ivory.


1000 were made in SS, 500 in YG, and 250 in PT. I had the privilege of seeing a full set at a GTG a few years ago. They were stunning to see in person. Of course, I became "hooked" and had to get one...


YaY!
 
Posts
2,845
Likes
9,198
5441 Portuguese from 1993, made to honor IWC's 125th anniversary.


It helps to see these next to other watches to "get" the size and elegance. Yes, 42mm, but only 10 mm thin. For color reference, the little elephant is 50 year old ivory.


1000 were made in SS, 500 in YG, and 250 in PT. I had the privilege of seeing a full set at a GTG a few years ago. They were stunning to see in person. Of course, I became "hooked" and had to get one...


YaY!

This watch is gorgeous. New grail. Wow.
 
Posts
3,896
Likes
23,297
This watch is gorgeous. New grail. Wow.
Agreed...sheer elegance! And what a line up of dressy watches. The Max Bill chrono fits perfectly in there!
 
Posts
3,896
Likes
23,297
Another moon watch for general consumption 😁

I've had the hots for this watch but at 45 mm, it dwarfs my little wrist...3 mm less and I would be all over this. A great looking chrono indeed.
 
Posts
3,961
Likes
8,969
I've had the hots for this watch but at 45 mm, it dwarfs my little wrist...3 mm less and I would be all over this. A great looking chrono indeed.

Largest watch size I have, Faz, and only keep it because I love the accuracy and look of it (and the sentiment of the original) - I have a 7 1/2 inch wrist so it just makes it, but is definitely out of my preferred 38 - 42mm range with 40mm the sweet spot. I sold my PO 45mm as it was just too big and with the orange bezel just made the wrong statement according to my wife 🙄
 
Posts
1,785
Likes
5,586
ok ok you need some fresh air, let's go for a ride. i know you've been sleeping for months.

 
Posts
3,896
Likes
23,297
Poor mans Diver
If that's a poor man's diver, I must be filthy poor. I doubt those Tudors are within reach of a poor man..

It's a beauty BTW!
 
Posts
3,801
Likes
20,263
Checking the mail and don't some work around the house with one of my Hamiltons today.
Don't working is one of my favorite things to do.