WRUW Today?

Posts
2,256
Likes
32,610
Universal Geneve Polerouter Sub, Ref. 869120 - cal. 1-69.
W3h4nWG.jpg
 
Posts
9,254
Likes
77,074
Was enjoying reading @Archer on blue dialled Seikos, and realised I had to dig this out!

Note the lavender behind-or is this too arty 😉

 
Posts
818
Likes
3,126
Full Disclaimer: yes, I am obsessing over a new to me vintage watch purchase. I bought this Friday and wore it all weekend. I have used it to time my walks and posted pics of it with a strap to mate with it for member approval. I even wore it to work today, which as a common laborer I don't normally do with anything other than my $50 Seiko or a couple of older Hamiltons I know aren't too valuable. But, knowing this was no Omega, I wore it today since I am still honeymooning with my first blue faced watch. It's a jeans and blue tee shirt world I work in, so this is perfect for that. My work entails that I have to look at samples of our product under blacklight. I noticed the watch while doing a sample and thought it interesting. Thank you in advance for not banning me. ;-)

Interesting that the lume appears to be casting light downwards onto the dial as well as towards the eye. Why would they lume the back of the hands?
 
Posts
5,342
Likes
76,105
Taken on the way to a business conference in Llandudno North Wales , picture is looking over towards Rhos on sea 😀
 
Posts
2,519
Likes
17,844
So, I dug it out, because I haven’t posted a comparison shot with my Lemania Speedymoon.

Genuine Speedymoon, on chestnut alligator band:


With Lemania movement Speedymoon, on a 1450 bracelet:
 
Posts
13,927
Likes
54,135
Kicked a few work cans down the road and headed for the beach to get the BEAST (Hobie 21 SC) on the beach and then a sail on the Nacra with Mrs S. Finally feels like summer.
 
Posts
13,927
Likes
54,135
Mighty Monday with 46mm Minerva Chrono

That is just surreal in its beauty. Simply stunning. NFW 🥰.