WRUW Today?

Posts
1,672
Likes
5,925
Swapped the near mint DON for a ghost DON for a different character.

 
Posts
1,329
Likes
6,033
It's got the wrong bracelet, Gromit! Still, quite a pleasant '74.
 
Posts
3,801
Likes
20,261
Speedmaster is still in the shop so my understudy is here for Tuesday:

 
Posts
676
Likes
7,515
IMG_5732_zpsybc6jngh.jpg
Edited:
 
Posts
2,362
Likes
12,700
Speedmaster is still in the shop so my understudy is here for Tuesday:

Understudy hits wayyyy above its weight class!🥰
 
Posts
5,649
Likes
136,450
Doing a bit my own extract of the archives, I found pictures of the actual Jamaica vacation my parents took in March 1967…where my Dad purchased his Speedmaster ST 105.012-65 (delivery to Jamaica corroborated by Omega’s Extract). Unfortunately, no pics of the new Speedy from that trip have turned up, in fact my Dad clearly wears another watch on a dark strap.

A dated hand written description is on the back of each picture. Although I’m now a naturalized American, my family and I are French Canadians, hence the D/M/YY date format, and the French of course.

In case you have trouble with my Dad’s handwriting (after all…he was a Doctor):
Courtleigh Manor Hotel
Kingston Jamaique 2.3.67

Richmond Jamaique
“Dark of the Sun” lieu du
tournage “MGM” (England)
3.3.67
My translation/comment: “Dark of the Sun” filming location. Must’ve been filming at or near that time because that movie came out the following year, 1968.

Ocho Rios Jamaique
5.3.67

50 years later...the Speedy he bought on that trip:


Oh , and I guess technically I’m in those picture too. I was born in July 1967, so in those pics my Mom was 5 months pregnant with me. YaY!
 
Posts
8,811
Likes
62,402
Gruen's version, and an early example of a SS case, on a period shark strap and buckle.



circa 1930 give or take 2 years
Edited: