WRUW Today?

Posts
578
Likes
2,661
Straight Writing.

Corvette is listed at $72k. How many Speedmasters can I buy with that?


Let's see...

About 1/2 of a 2915-1
1 to 1 1/2 2998-1
2 or 3 105.002
5 silver snoopys
12 speedy Tuesday's (if you snagged a reservation)
I'd guess 6-7 ST once they hit the secondary market
6-7 moon phase
12-14 "regular" speedy on steel

That should about cover it!! Lol...

*note all figures assuming you buy non grey market😉
 
Posts
334
Likes
1,707


My -76 on a new Hodinkee Racing strap. I fell in love with the brown contrast with my black dial...
 
Posts
7,293
Likes
76,612
Inappropriately neglected ('til now 😉) Seamaster ref. 2849:



I normally hate 'cyclops' windows, but I think this one's done right 😀 !

 
Posts
12,147
Likes
40,474
Let's see...

About 1/2 of a 2915-1
1 to 1 1/2 2998-1
2 or 3 105.002
5 silver snoopys
12 speedy Tuesday's (if you snagged a reservation)
I'd guess 6-7 ST once they hit the secondary market
6-7 moon phase
12-14 "regular" speedy on steel

That should about cover it!! Lol...

*note all figures assuming you buy non grey market😉

Now imagine the market value of that $72k Corvette down the line compared to $72k of Speedmasters bought today. One year... five years... 10 years?

Don't get me wrong, I quite like Corvettes but the pace of quality innovation is so fast on Corvettes that each new model is far superior to its predecessors, thus tanking residual values.
 
Posts
2,123
Likes
11,385
The GMT visits its 32nd country in 3 years yesterday....

Yesterday on the 125 floor of the Burj Khalifa tower in Dubai and on the wrist today too doing some dune bashing later.

 
Posts
2,362
Likes
12,700
Bellmatic was the one today! Meant to post it earlier but I got distracted by a GMT sighting at the bank