WRUW Today?

Posts
2,264
Likes
11,392
Giving some wrist-time today to a seldom worn watch , my grandad's Landeron 48-based gold chrono. The blue-gray perlon that matches the tachy scale gives it a newfound youth, I think 😀

1B5D54A5-1CFA-42AD-BDDF-4CA8FBCF21E7_zps6ecalvdc.jpg
 
Posts
2,242
Likes
29,412
Wow, 542 messages since my last check ... time relativity 😁

meanwhile...



see you next +1K 😉
 
Posts
1,089
Likes
1,207
Sorry, Omega-speak for triple date moonphase (pic a couple of pages back).

Got it. Thanks.
 
Posts
7,689
Likes
22,049
1953 Tissot, cal. 27B-21. This is a watch that only an idiot would love. It was fished from the ‘Bay for less than $10 and featured a broken crystal, tarnished hands, and worn-through lug holes. It cost twice what I paid to ship it to me, and twenty times that to service it. Clearly, I have the cost-to-value part of this hobby completely backwards.

But the idiot in me fell for that chocolate brown flinqué dial, the unusual tulip lugs, and those sharkstooth markers still tarnished with 63 years of time.
🥰
Has anyone dibsed this one yet? I'll join ranks with the idiots 😀