WRUW Today?

Posts
10,995
Likes
54,828
Shoot parent teacher conference tonight for the youngin we took in. I think I gotta chill teachers are singing songs of praise so far if I was dropped in a foreign country at 11 years old I don’t think I’d be excelling.
First one was by phone due to work etc heading to the school now I’m just realizing I’m turning into a grumpy old man, but it’s comfortable. He has all A’s so far I gotta but him a drone or make sure I play baseball Saturday even though my back feels like someone is punching it still. Is it pretentious to wear a Rolex to such an event? To me it’s just a nice overpriced watch.
 
Posts
143
Likes
151
The Fall weather has been rolling in here in Toronto, so of course had to go with this….
 
Posts
943
Likes
5,490
Had to get to the airport early and didn’t have time to overthink what watch to we’re. This one’s always a safe bet.
 
Posts
1,414
Likes
759
Shoot parent teacher conference tonight for the youngin we took in. I think I gotta chill teachers are singing songs of praise so far if I was dropped in a foreign country at 11 years old I don’t think I’d be excelling.
First one was by phone due to work etc heading to the school now I’m just realizing I’m turning into a grumpy old man, but it’s comfortable. He has all A’s so far I gotta but him a drone or make sure I play baseball Saturday even though my back feels like someone is punching it still. Is it pretentious to wear a Rolex to such an event? To me it’s just a nice overpriced watch.
A nice overpriced watch that lasts a lifetime.
 
Posts
9,213
Likes
76,771
When Mrs S went to buy bags of compost from the garden centre, I made a mental note to take my F300 off before I unloaded them.

I forgot 😟 the bracelet failed and the watch dropped on the quarry paved patio.

After spending almost as much as the watch is worth …..



(Memo - take it off when you first think of doing it)
 
Posts
10,995
Likes
54,828
A nice overpriced watch that lasts a lifetime.
True, but little consolation if something takes me out tomorrow, but I guess that will be at the bottom of my list of concerns.
 
Posts
15,927
Likes
47,797
My Rolex Air-King-Date came to me in 1976. The hang tag at the time sounded expensive compared to Bulova and Seiko. The MSRP then was $215.00! The watch is still with me and performs beautifully. Current MSRP for a Rolex Air-King-Date? 40 times more, or thereabouts. A cheap watch doesn’t always carry a low MSRP!