WRUW Today?

Posts
9,213
Likes
76,771
Yeah well, there is that.

Then there was Blind Faith's solo album cover and Santana's Abraxas album cover about the same time and Bee Gee's Main Course album cover a few years later.

Scandalous stuff!
You guys must have been living sheltered lives …. this was the one that always drew my eye …

 
Posts
134
Likes
470
You guys must have been living sheltered lives …. this was the one that always drew my eye …

Wow, I clicked on the WRUW thread, expecting to see a nice classic watch, and this young lady popped up. 😀😜
 
Posts
8,809
Likes
62,392
You sure have style Tex. 👍 Which boots finish off the outfit today?
No boots today, a New Balance day. Thank you
 
Posts
3,629
Likes
18,002
BULOVA 666FEET CHRONOGRAPHE
DEEP SEA series
variant "B"
@ 37MM


circa: 1973


Edited:
 
Posts
5,595
Likes
54,760
Man I love the Polaris.
Thanks @ErichPryde , yes it's a special watch. I can't think of any diver that originated in the early 1960s that had a 42mm case right from the beginning. There's been no case diameter inflation here!
 
Posts
4,042
Likes
8,747
I love this dial.


Looks like scratched graphite almost. These dials always remind me of the surface of:


 
Posts
3,650
Likes
24,733
Looks like scratched graphite almost. These dials always remind me of the surface of:



The PSO-1 looks like it originally had a sort of hammertone paint job? Is that correct?

I think I can see what you mean in photos, but in person it's got a sort of sparkly luster that shifts with the light - the patterns seem to dance around faintly as the angle of the sun emphasizes different directions of the lines. Almost like how mother of pearl behaves, but much less intense. It's very pretty for a scuffed up piece of overpriced steel.
 
Posts
4,042
Likes
8,747
The PSO-1 looks like it originally had a sort of hammertone paint job? Is that correct?

I think I can see what you mean in photos, but in person it's got a sort of sparkly luster that shifts with the light - the patterns seem to dance around faintly as the angle of the sun emphasizes different directions of the lines. Almost like how mother of pearl behaves, but much less intense. It's very pretty for a scuffed up piece of overpriced steel.

This sounds like something I need to see in person.
 
Posts
1,386
Likes
15,656
I've just gotta say... I love it when you post pictures of this watch.
Thank you ErichPryde! Wore it again today