WRUW Today?

Posts
7,092
Likes
56,995
Ooo..., I don't know gbesq.

I had quadruple bypass surgery in late 2017 and I still see teeth cleanings in the same old light.
 
Posts
963
Likes
3,972
Giving this one a go today…

yes I know the crystal need replacing and the date is wrong, but would ya just look at that dial 😀
 
Posts
6,711
Likes
80,043
Preflighting my birth year -64 Echo Whiskey for five days of fliegering…

 
Posts
5,328
Likes
54,271
The assymetrical sub dials is wild. What is this???

A late 50's ( possibly earlier) Russian issued Military Naval Aviators Chronograph. These are very rare and in this condition I have never seen another.
The numbers for these would have been very very low, likewise available information is also sketchy but made by the Kirov Factory before the Russian hero whom it was named after fell out of favour with the CPSU.
The only thing similar you see online vaguely similar are redials and re-cased versions (but without the offset dials).

This one came out of Soviet Russia in the 80's into Europe and then over to her in NZ in the 90's (don't quote me on the exact dates).
I had it serviced about 18 months to 2 years ago and it is an excellent time keeper.
With those offset sub dials you tend to wonder if this was a rushed production on a prototype movement to meet the urgent demand that Russia had back in the day, this watch may well date back to the 30's when the factory was set up, as I say details are very thin on the ground but it would help explain the offset dials.

Doesn't look to big on my wrists but clocks in at 51 or 52mm, nothing ever looks to big on my wrists lol.
Edited:
 
Posts
7,293
Likes
76,612
Apparel change for a celebratory dinner 😀 and a more appropriate watch for the wet conditions outside:

 
Posts
5,595
Likes
54,761
Almost forgot to post a shot from earlier today. I've owned this watch for eight years and it still makes my heart go pitter-patter each time I put it on 😀