WRUW Today?

Posts
6,702
Likes
79,917
What’s a vineyard doing out in the middle of a bike ride?
That’s an easy one, dude!

The vineyard is trying to get bike riders shit faced.

😁
 
Posts
1,558
Likes
3,125
Green Seamaster on a Forstner Contemporary Flat Link. I'm kinda liking it. More to come on it.
 
Posts
3,268
Likes
23,470
You synchronized the chronograph with the main hands.
A poor GMT? 😁
Yes but not synchronized just a snapshot in time. Realized the time matched where I stopped my chrono earlier.
 
Posts
1,671
Likes
5,300
Yes but not synchronized just a snapshot in time. Realized the time matched where I stopped my chrono earlier.
You should have restarted it immediately and kept going. This pic is seconds presize, not bad 😉
 
Posts
15,933
Likes
47,850
Shown elsewhere on the message board today. A Gruen Veri-Thin driver’s watch with articulated lugs, worn on the edge of the wrist. Given to me 35 years ago by the managing director of Gruen for Canada, after Gruen folded as a manufacturer. This watch had been a salesman’s sample, so until I received it, I doubt very much it had ever been worn.

 
Posts
6,702
Likes
79,917
Honestly,
Until I see you riding a 1979 Huffy Roadmaster, color me meh…
Those dudes road [ride] single speeds for the Little 500, right? Not fixed gear but single speeds [with a freewheel]…I may be wrong…I need to Google it or something.
 
Posts
234
Likes
1,689
Those dudes road [ride] single speeds for the Little 500, right? Not fixed gear but single speeds [with a freewheel]…I may be wrong…I need to Google it or something.

lol. i don’t know. I can’t even find one on EBAY to examine it.
Between BREAKING AWAY and AMERICAN FLYERS for the best cycling movie (drama).
 
Posts
5,309
Likes
53,966
The beast uncovered!
Need to do some engine work on this and get it back on the road.


 
Posts
164
Likes
2,141
Those dudes road [ride] single speeds for the Little 500, right? Not fixed gear but single speeds [with a freewheel]…I may be wrong…I need to Google it or something.
No, they ride Fixed Gear bikes. A single speed non-fixed would require brakes. The bikes used in that race have bi brakes nor accessories of any kind allowed, not even bottle cages. The Little 500 is a true track event and something I’ve always wanted to participate in. Would love to go just to watch.
 
Posts
6,702
Likes
79,917
No, they ride Fixed Gear bikes. A single speed non-fixed would require brakes. The bikes used in that race have bi brakes nor accessories of any kind allowed, not even bottle cages. The Little 500 is a true track event and something I’ve always wanted to participate in. Would love to go just to watch.
You made me mash the button on the Google machine…this is what the Google machine said…

 
Posts
5,430
Likes
82,015
I would have opt for a G & T, but the frekkin would melt real fast!
I was a G&T or Vodka boy up until about 22 years ago. We were building a new house and the builder and his crew used to drink ready made cans of bourbon and Coke.
They offered me one on several occasions and I refused thinking it’s not the drink for me until one day I relented and accepted their offer.

As they say the rest is history but the quality of bourbon has improved😀
 
Posts
17,419
Likes
164,767
A wet dreich morning but sure the Sub will cope just fine 😀

 
Posts
9,243
Likes
76,964
I’m always fascinated by how a new strap (and battery) can change how you feel about a particular watch.

I’m in love with this one all over again 🥰

 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,378
Good day all. A very early Seamaster on the wrist today. 1950 reference 2576.