WRUD (Drinking) Today?

Posts
64
Likes
297
A local craft brewery (Boundary - East Belfast) have brewed a pale ale with all profits going to the local hospitality industry, which is of course, on its knees.


 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671


Amazing gift that matured very well. Always look up the price after you open it lol.
 
Posts
1,024
Likes
3,998
Tomorrow is going to hurt. Pretty sure the Port is getting finished too.
 
Posts
4,718
Likes
17,862
Cracking Sunny day in London on Friday.... getting set for the long train ride home with some essentials... always the worry have you got the right pairing with the food :0)… Not normally a canned beer man but Northern Monk IPA was a pleasant surprise ….
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671
Hot summer night zoom happy hour with cheese course.
 
Posts
12,148
Likes
40,474
Latest cask gin tonight, and it’s even better. Aged in a tonic cask, makes for a really flavorful G&T!

 
Posts
5,076
Likes
15,712
Southern Comfort with frozen peaches for ice cubes - they bring out a layer of flavour IMO
 
Posts
4,718
Likes
17,862
Made it out for a post lockdown Chinese meal. Nice food and good beer.
The Owner told me all the Covid news etc around China in the UK was making it extra hard for his restaurant which is a shame. Tsingtao has old German origins I think / went down very well.
I will aim to eat and drink a bit more there to try and make up for any drop in trade..
Ganbei …..
Edited:
 
Posts
389
Likes
1,561
This was great. $20. Can't go wrong (unless it was shipped or stored wrong). Goes well with marinated flank steak.

 
Posts
504
Likes
1,953
Every bottle I’ve ever tried from Stags Leap Wineries has been superb!

I would agree. I've had several over the years and they are always pretty impressive.

.
 
Posts
8,292
Likes
19,579
warm weather is forcing a nice cold beer on me!

cheers!

😀
 
Posts
8,292
Likes
19,579
Balvenie, Caribbean cask...

Cheers!

😀

btw, am I the only one drinking lately?
 
Posts
16,900
Likes
48,108
btw, am I the only one drinking lately?



Gave it a nudge today as public holiday tomorrow......
 
Posts
66
Likes
122
919092d7a263d525a440c7b1a6b65922.jpg
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671
Balvenie, Caribbean cask...

Cheers!

😀

btw, am I the only one drinking lately?

While I love the Balvanie....

ive been spending way to much time trying to perfect the Negroni. I think I’ve got the best gin and vermouth. Unfortunately Campari is sold out around me and after 20 or so Gins. 15 different vermouths I think I have it.

I’ve been using aperole as a substitute But it’s not Campari it’s a bit too sweet.

Once I get some Campari I’ll post the perfect Negroni.
 
Posts
12,148
Likes
40,474
While I love the Balvanie....

ive been spending way to much time trying to perfect the Negroni. I think I’ve got the best gin and vermouth. Unfortunately Campari is sold out around me and after 20 or so Gins. 15 different vermouths I think I have it.

I’ve been using aperole as a substitute But it’s not Campari it’s a bit too sweet.

Once I get some Campari I’ll post the perfect Negroni.

Try the Copperworks gins, either the standard or any of the cask-aged. They're excellent!
 
Posts
974
Likes
4,112
Yesterday evening I tried this amazing wine for the first time. It’s stellar!
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671
Try the Copperworks gins, either the standard or any of the cask-aged. They're excellent!
I'll try those. I've been really liking the Irish Gun Powder Gin. It is floral with citrus, not massively juniper in a good way, not a bad way like aviation can be in some cocktails.

Drumshanbo Gunpowder Gin is an Irish Gin inspired by Asian botanicals with a uniquely American logo for some reason... It also gets its name from a tea, not due to a sharp flavor or spicy flavor profile.
https://drumshanbogunpowderirishgin.com/
 
Posts
4,718
Likes
17,862
A nice Petrus Blond to kick off the weekend (well almost) Only 6.5% so could almost be a session pale ale. Lovely amber colour with dry bitter aftertaste which leaves you thirsty for more…. Very interesting and tasty Belgium beer. Fruity and spicy which is how I like them when the sun is out…