would you buy this seamaster 2857?

hi all, I would like to get a 36 mm seamster. it's going to be my second wintage omega after the constellation I acquired 2 years ago.
price is 750 euro

case number 2857
cal 491

your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

regards

Feels like it has been very enthusiastically polished, and the damage (patina!) to the dial would be a deal breaker for me.

Feels like it has been very enthusiastically polished, and the damage (patina!) to the dial would be a deal breaker for me.
+1

+1 on your +1. Much more attractive ones can be found for that money with a bit of patience.

What he said. Save your money and avoid this one.

+1 on your +1. Much more attractive ones can be found for that money with a bit of patience.
+1 (so +3 in total)

I think you would have to be very fond of the dial to be considering this. For me, I see damage not character. The responses you’ve already had are from guys who know what they are talking about, but for the record I would move on from this, too.

Another no here. The damage to that dial is too much for me, especially at that price.

While it's not easy to find a 36mm Seamaster, that dial is too far gone for me.

While it's not easy to find a 36mm Seamaster, that dial is too far gone for me.

Especially that reference is very uncommon. With a seconds subdial even more so.

I find the dial a bit too far gone too, but will remark on the case condition that this reference has fairly soft features to begin with.