Forums Latest Members
  1. shaspar Mar 16, 2018

Hi, how are you? I have the chance to buy this cal 266 (i think) for $220. What do you think? It's a good buy? Thank you !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kov Trüffelschwein. Mar 16, 2018

Do you like it? What do you think? Would you wear it?

3. shaspar Mar 16, 2018

Yes, it's nice for me, but my question is about the quality, the durability. It's a watch from the 50s, we are in 2018. And, it's a good price?

4. Gordon Heavyfoot Mar 16, 2018

I personally wouldn't buy it. It's not a terrible looking redial and the price isn't crazy but it just doesn't speak to me. If you'll enjoy wearing it go for it. Cheers.

5. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Mar 19, 2018

Like Gordon said: buy it if you love it. If you don't love it, move on.

6. TOTIZ Mar 20, 2018

Hi Gordon.
    As a newbie, still VERY much in the learning phase, what are the indicators that it is a redial ?
    Thanks in advance
    TOTIZ

7. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Mar 20, 2018

I am not sure it is a redial. Anyway, you won't suffer a large loss.

8. chipsotoole Mar 20, 2018

The hands and the hour markers are in two different states. The E on Omega looks like its been reapplied. The indice after 3 looks slightly squint and protrudes just a wee more into the centre.

felsby likes this.
  9. redpcar Mar 20, 2018

Lot's of red flags on the dial. You should beware of crusty hands and a shiny paint job. Movement has seen some moisture and that always shows on the dial. Look closely at the Omega script vs known early '50s models. If you had a straight and clear view of the dial, it would help. A clear shot of the "Swiss Made" at the bottom is always a good clue.

$220 for a shiny runner / daily watch is not a bad thing if you like it. Just keep in mind that if there is no service history, it could poop the bed in a short time costing $$$ in repairs.

felsby likes this.
  10. TOTIZ Mar 20, 2018

Thank you for taking time to point out the indicators. Don’t you just love it when you’re starting off with something new and find out how little you actually know :whistling: Every day is a learning day.

felsby likes this.
  11. TOTIZ Mar 20, 2018

Thanks redpcar. I think it’s going to take a long time and a hell of a lot more reading and research before I „pull the trigger“, but the knowledge on this forum and also the willingness to educate newbies is incredible :)

felsby likes this.
  12. Canuck Mar 20, 2018

I’d give some thought to evidence of rust on the screw heads, rust on the ratchet wheel and crown wheel, and the potential for rust in places not immediately visible. Behind the dial? Dial screws? Pinions, pivots, etc. etc. I’d wait for a better example, and pay the extra for it, if it was me.

13. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 20, 2018

Inconsistent print ... indices and hands don't look like they've aged together ... minute hand seems to be dragging on the dial. Dirty movement .. You have a $250 service ahead of you and this is a mess. Pass

Tet and felsby like this.
  14. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Mar 21, 2018

You are right. I still got a lot to learn.

15. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Mar 21, 2018

@felsby
    Observation not age brings wisdom ;)

felsby likes this.