Would like a vintage but . . .

First, I'm not one of those that hear of a new release, most often from a microbrand, and say "if only it was 39mm" when the release is 40mm. I know that "40mm" is what I'm comfortable with, but I have a dressier microbrand that wears and looks great at 38mm.and another that's 43mm that I can say the same of. I know because I purchased a donor Geneve many years ago in order to assemble my own SM300 that it is too small for me. I'm 6'4" (almost 2 meters) tall and weigh +/-255 pounds. My wrist is every bit 8" (20 centimeters) in diameter. Are there vintage watches that I could consider?

What is the question?

I would assume when he asks"Are there vintage watches that I could consider?" He means are there vintage models that would work on his 8" wrists.

I would say, look for vintage jumbos. There are a few threads on them here. Of course vintage divers and chrinos could work.

I would assume when he asks"Are there vintage watches that I could consider?" He means are there vintage models that would work on his 8" wrists.

I would say, look for vintage jumbos. There are a few threads on them here. Of course vintage divers and chrinos could work.
Here is a thread on vintage jumbos:
https://omegaforums.net/threads/vintage-jumbos.121390/

I’m not quite as big, at 6’1” and around 240lbs but I find I can wear 34mm watches. It just takes a bit of getting used to if I’ve had a 41mm Sub or similar on for the days prior.
I would say the 36mm Seamasters such as 166.028 are worth a shot. A large, clean, simple time only dial wears larger than a clutter chronograph dial I find.

I'm almost exactly your size at 6'4" (193cm) and ~250 lbs. My wrist's a bit smaller at 7.5 inches so milage may vary. I think 34mm watches work on me, but it may not be true for every watch. Big dials with thin bezels work best in making a watch look bigger. I've been wearing 2 De Ville (1 and 2) both at 34mm and I love them. A 36mm Seamaster, like @Davidt suggested, works great and I've been wearing mine a lot. 38mm is probably my sweet spot (see one I'm wearing) in terms of proportions and being comfortable. Guess you'll rock a 48mm better than I do though.

Seamaster 1000.

Seamaster Ploprof

Speedmaster Mk. II (and higher)

Flightmaster

All quite hefty

This Omega is 40mm, the Zenith 38 wide but wears large owing to the rectangular case

I'm a big guy, 6'1" and 235 with a 7.5" wrist. For vintage, my favorite size is 36mm. Obviously, most vintage chronographs should work easily as well as some vintage divers.

I don't think you can wrong with anything, but there are lots of nice Omegas, speedmasters and 300s that would fit a larger guy well.