Wishful Thinking - Watches that have unrealistic price expectations

Well I am quite smitten (old fashioned word) with the Navygraf version of these brass colored watches. I am in touch with them through the link you provided. I lean towards the Navygraf vs the Superman in great part because of the cartoon nature of the name Superman. Just my personal tastes. Thank you for turning me onto this. A very modest priced watch, with the French touch I've been looking for.
Yema as a brand went through some ups and downs over the years- some wonderful watches and some real hunks of chrome plated crap.
The current ownership did a bang-up job dipping their toes into their previous catalog and keeping the quality excellent for the money. Their bronze watches are indeed lovely and take on a dark patina over time that is beautiful.

Yema as a brand went through some ups and downs over the years- some wonderful watches and some real hunks of chrome plated crap.
The current ownership did a bang-up job dipping their toes into their previous catalog and keeping the quality excellent for the money. Their bronze watches are indeed lovely and take on a dark patina over time that is beautiful.
They remind me of the instruments on old ships and yachts...the color gives an elegance not usually found in "sport watches."

Agreed, though not owning one of the brass cased models I do have a limited edition Superman and the finish of both watch and bracelet is really really good, with a design aesthetic that is perfectly well balanced. Very happily a rec’ for the current iteration of the brand

This may be a slightly different topic, but the prices being asked by some dealers/influencers are becoming absurd. It's just an offensive level of greed IMO. Consider this Minerva chronograph. Perfectly nice watch, but much of the lume is missing from the hands and they are asking more than twice what better examples have sold for in recent auctions.

https://www.craftandtailored.com/co...0s-minerva-waterproof-chronograph-salmon-dial

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 5.56.38 AM.png
Edited:

This may be a slightly different topic, but the prices being asked by some dealers are becoming absurd. It's just an absurd and offensive level of greed IMO. Consider this Minerva chronograph. Perfectly nice watch, but I just saw a better one (without missing lume) sell for $2200 in an auction. This dealer is asking $5500, probably because they consider themself to be an influencer.

https://www.craftandtailored.com/co...0s-minerva-waterproof-chronograph-salmon-dial

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 5.56.38 AM.png
Nothing new under the sun, I actually wonder how these dealers come up with their prices.
Do they usually take their purchase + handling cost and then add a fixed percentage on top of that for their profit, or just take the estimated market/auction value and add 50% on top of that?

Or are they just randomly picking a high number and hoping someone lesser known dont care.

Also can you share the auctioned VD712?
@Dan S
PM sent. There's no link, but I can tell you how to find it.

Lots of Chronostops seemingly unrealistic prices atm
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2250693..._Qjcq38RVK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
With what I think is an incorrect second hand and imperfect dial
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2040984..._Qjcq38RVK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
With minute and hour hands repainted because vendor thought it would look better
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2746336..._Qjcq38RVK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Makes Krogerfoot s posting in the private sales section look very realistic
And yet

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1443708922...goBoECr4MW8K9KN/YZ/gED8GRA==|tkp:BFBMisiV5J9h
s-l1600.jpg
79159-23d647a600b62cec25bc613e03a156de.gif

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Just the description, would make me run, at almost any price. Especially the last one.

This product is a very rare super rare model.
This product is a model that uses a GP case which is very rare in the second-hand market.
The dial is also a very rare super rare pattern color.
The gold-filled case has a solid cushion form unique to the era.
There is an OMEGA Ω watermark on the windshield.
Antique watches have elaborate redundan dials, and when you open the back cover, there are many cases where the internal mechanism is not the original. I don't know if it is or not, but this product is definitely a full original.

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Just the description, would make me run, at almost any price. Especially the last one.

This product is a very rare super rare model.
This product is a model that uses a GP case which is very rare in the second-hand market.
The dial is also a very rare super rare pattern color.
The gold-filled case has a solid cushion form unique to the era.
There is an OMEGA Ω watermark on the windshield.
Antique watches have elaborate redundan dials, and when you open the back cover, there are many cases where the internal mechanism is not the original. I don't know if it is or not, but this product is definitely a full original.

So I must sell mine over 20,000?
More, the travel box is fake
IMG_5387.JPG

Cheers

Just a question. Do you find gold hands on a gold face difficult to read? It is a great looking watch!
P.S. I think $20k is a bit much, but maybe that’s just me😉

Just a question. Do you find gold hands on a gold face difficult to read? It is a great looking watch!
Gold on gold or silver on silver I can’t read easily anymore, it’s the lack of contrast. I’ve sold off most of my sexy silver dialed watches with silver hands for that reason.

20K is a provocation for this
The right is, I think, around 2700€
I don't find difficult to read the hours on a gold face
Edited by a mod: