Forums Latest Members

Winters coming, so any good TV shows to look out for?

1. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Sep 20, 2019

I found them all entertaining as well. But the best thing about Iron Fist was his side kick...she’s cute!

BradleyJ. likes this.
  2. BradleyJ. Sep 20, 2019

Both of them were in GOT as well. She was definitely looking good in that role too.

3. Steve9pm Strangely obsessed with cheap manual wind watches. Mar 21, 2020

Quarantine bump

TimeODanaos and Spacefruit like this.
  4. BradleyJ. Mar 21, 2020

I'm doing Parks and Rec for quarantine. On season 5 of 7 already.

tumblr_nenavdLayy1rdh9azo1_500.png
    TimeODanaos likes this.
  5. micampe Mar 21, 2020

TimeODanaos and Nathan1967 like this.
  6. BradleyJ. Mar 21, 2020

If anyone wants a quick 6 episode true series, McMillions on HBO was decent. I never knew there was a McDonald's Monopoly Scandal.

Archer likes this.
  7. 64Wing Mar 21, 2020

Omg I just watched that very episode last night!

My gf keeps looking over at me and saying "are you just secretly Ron Swanson?!"

BradleyJ. likes this.
  8. 64Wing Mar 21, 2020

Now it's as good a time as any to really commit to watching Lost. It's a great mind bender.

Additionally, Scrubs is fun to revisit.

For more classic fans, My Three Sons is a great light-hearted comedy. So are the following:

-I Dream of Jeanie
    -M.A.S.H.
    -The Rifleman (more drama than comedy but Chuck Connors is a badass. Google him.)
    -Hogan's Heroes

Or if you like WWII topics you could watch the whole Band of Brothers series and chase it down with The Pacific.

There are literally so many good shows to enjoy, but I prefer the classics. source.gif

BradleyJ. likes this.
  9. pat mull Mar 21, 2020

Chernobyl
    Narcos
    Carlos
    The Wire
    Band of Brothers / The Pacific
    Breaking Bad
    Mad Men
    Ozark

and the first ten years of the The Simpsons

10. BradleyJ. Mar 21, 2020

I find myself say literally now after so much parks n rec in one week. Only I say it the way rob Lowe says it so its extra cringy. :D

64Wing likes this.
  11. Jeeper Mar 21, 2020

El Chapo
    Money Heist
    Narcos Mexico
    Perpetual grace Ltd

12. Jeeper Mar 21, 2020

Sorry
    And
    Hunters

13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 21, 2020

Wife I recently went through all 5 seasons of You're The Worst...completely fell in love with the characters, and it will be one of my all time favourite shows. Highly recommended.

jsducote likes this.
  14. dougwhiz Mar 21, 2020

A lot of great HBO series already mentioned, especially Chernobyl.
    Curb Your Enthusiasm with Larry David is brilliantly funny. If you loved Seinfeld even a little, you'll enjoy it.

And I guess I should give a shameless plug for my avatar, to watch The Prisoner for free on Amazon Prime. A very allegorical series from the 1960s that is still relevant today.

[​IMG]

15. jsducote Mar 22, 2020

Finally! found someone else who loves this as much as I do. 'After Life' and 'Californication' have a similar angle on what constitutes a protagonist though they aren't as funny ha ha as they are darkly humorous. 'Eastbound and Down' is better than 'Vice Principles' which is very good in its own right and both have the same anti-hero bent while being funny ha ha.

From across the pond, 'Upstart Crow' (very funny if you remember any Shakespeare from school), 'An Idiot Abroad' and the original 'Taskmaster' (NOT the US version) are highly recommended.

Archer likes this.
  16. TimeODanaos Mar 23, 2020

+1 Upstart Crow (btw hilarious stage version was last thing I saw when in London pre-CV)

Blackadder - series 2-4 had same writer Ben Elton, comedy genius

+1 B/Bad, still unsurpassed

Try Brit cop corruption show Line of Duty, esp series 2-4 ("Lindsey Denton" arc)

Thanks @Steve9pm for well-timed bump :thumbsup:, and best wishes to all for the times ahead.

17. wagudc Mar 23, 2020

I will second The Good Place. It is fun and a nice break from our apocalyptic feeling world these days.

Foo2rama likes this.
  18. 64Wing Mar 23, 2020

Tried it. Laughed here and there, and I'm a sucker for Kristen Bell, but just couldn't get into it.

I am always down for a good Top Gear episode.

19. BradleyJ. Mar 25, 2020

I'll cheers to that!

312derek.jpg
    wagudc likes this.
  20. BradleyJ. May 2, 2022

This topic hasn't come up in 2 years. Seems a lot of us were desperate for some quarantine shows to watch haha. I know winters over but did anyone watch anything recently that's note worthy?

Severance on Apple TV was fantastic (In my top 5 of all time series, possibly top 3. But that can all change in the coming seasons)

Also watching, This flag Means Death on HBO, MoonKnight on Disney+ and the final season of Better Call Saul.

Oak Island I think just concluded for the season but I'm basically done with that series. Makes for decent background noise while I'm busy on my phone or laptop.

Finally got around to watching the Witcher. Excellent show so far.

I have the final season of Peaky Blinders, the 2nd season of The Flight Attendant, and the final 4 episodes of Ozark on the back burner for when I find time.

Series to start once I've finished all else
    Kin
    Outer Range
    Sweet Tooth
    Yellowstone