Will We Finally See A New White-Dial Speedmaster Professional Soon?

Would u choose white over the OG black for your first omega?
Provided the white dial is a regular production model, yes I would. I prefer white dials over black.

Like 2
All this drooling over the prospect of a white dial Speedmaster is interesting. Even if offered as a standard item at the same price as the black dial version how many would they sell? It really comes down to how the dial really looks in person. Is it a real white? Silver opaline? Beige/creme? All of these present themselves differently, so lots of questions to be answered. I would predict a light colored dial would maybe make up 20% of sales.

Wouldn't you rather have some water resistance than a white dial? 100 m perhaps?

Quoted member hen
Wouldn't you rather have some water resistance than a white dial? 100 m perhaps?
Let’s be crazy, why not both??

Like 1
Quoted member hen
Not really. Not like I go swimming with my Speedmaster.

Quoted member hen
No. 25m is quite enough

No. 25m is quite enough
man I'd be terrified to have a watch with only 25m but I suppose most people don't them in the shower, pool, etc

The WR for Omega's is guaranteed to the depth it has been tested for;

https://omegaforums.net/threads/anyone-go-swimming-with-a-speedmaster.47840/page-9#post-1880167
Yeah, for me it's not depth as much as the pressure from, say, a diving board dive or a surf/bodyboard/parasail wipe out or jetski wipeout or whatever.

I can gauge snorkeling & scuba depth pressure (and wouldn't wear my watch there anyway, well snorkeling I do), but how many bars is a jetski or waterskiing wipeout?? I'd want lots of headroom on that water pressure rating ...

But I'm also a big chunky dive watch guy for those reasons and maybe most speedy people don't do that stuff? Or aren't a worrier like me? I dunno.

Yeah, for me it's not depth as much as the pressure from, say, a diving board dive or a surf/bodyboard/parasail wipe out or jetski wipeout or whatever.

I can gauge snorkeling & scuba depth pressure (and wouldn't wear my watch there anyway, well snorkeling I do), but how many bars is a jetski or waterskiing wipeout?? I'd want lots of headroom on that water pressure rating ...

But I'm also a big chunky dive watch guy for those reasons and maybe most speedy people don't do that stuff? Or aren't a worrier like me? I dunno.

You would have to go really, really, really (did I say really already) fast to max it out:

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/sigh-myth-busting-again.610734/

Like 2
It's called the dynamic pressure myth. You can think and act how you like but you'll make yourself look silly on serious watch forums if you quote it as a reason to never swim with, say, a 30m rated watch. The current Speedy is 50m rated by the way in case that helps. I can't see how 100m will alter anything.

The problem with water resistance though is that its a perishable quality and what was fine last time you had the watch serviced might not be today. That applies for DSSDs as much as Speedmasters so caution and common sense are always useful regardless of manufacturer ratings.
Edited:

You would have to go really, really, really (did I say really already) fast to max it out:

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/sigh-myth-busting-again.610734/
Zero "myths" busted there: None of it address wiping out on a surf board ... and having been educated, trained, and worked as an engineer (including at commercial airlines) you wouldn't want me to tell you the number of times I've seen nerds tell me the calculations say it's totally cool just before it blows up and/or catastrophically fails in the (thankfully) lab. I've watched a lot of totally safe things tear themselves apart.

Further, as @padders points out, pressure rating is a diminishing & perishable quality which is why it's a great idea to have watches used for water sports routinely pressure tested.

But, just my experience & preferences as, luckily, I have zero experience how, when or why these seals fail.

(and generally I use my Sinn U2 w/ a 600m pressure rating and humidity capsule to warn if any vapor got in)

It's called the dynamic pressure myth. You can think and act how you like but you'll make yourself look silly on serious watch forums if you quote it as a reason to never swim with, say, a 30m rated watch. The current Speedy is 50m rated by the way in case that helps. I can't see how 100m will alter anything.

The problem with water resistance though is that its a perishable quality and what was fine last time you had the watch serviced might not be today. That applies for DSSDs as much as Speedmasters so caution and common sense are always useful regardless of manufacturer ratings.

Maybe I am a belt and braces guy but I would like to have screw down crown and pushers on a Speedy before I would even consider getting one.

Like 1
The speedy isnt a dive watch, lets not make it one.

50m is fine for getting caught in a downpour, taking a shower, casual dips in the pool, etc.

If we start talking about diving and water sports, I don't think I'd even want to wear my dive watches for fear of mechanical damage (scratches, dents, spring bar failure, etc). My Ti UD with its fixed manta lugs and a nato strap is probably what I'd pick for those activities.

Like 2