Why was the "Who knows this logo on my Seamaster" thread closed?

Posts
6,471
Likes
21,998
Do I win a prize?

You get the Dogged Determination of Dedicated Detectives Doing Dull Druggery Duties Daily diploma.
 
Posts
4,876
Likes
24,822
Ah yes the highly coveted DDDDDDDDDD award.
Commendable effort, sir.
 
Posts
237
Likes
143
You get the Dogged Determination of Dedicated Detectives Doing Dull Druggery Duties Daily diploma.

Put it an an official title on my profile 🤣
 
Posts
153
Likes
660
Some interesting photos there, I wonder if it's changed much.
I took a Google trip down Yaba Steet and it's changed quite a bit and not a lot. I'm pretty sure these match up The petrol station is now a restaurant and if this photo is of the same station it now looks like this But there are quite a few on Yaba and it could be this one, just because the sign pole is still there?
It still looks like an exciting place to visit.
Edited:
 
Posts
18,737
Likes
38,888
It still looks like an exciting place to visit.

And there's been progress. They've managed to cover the monny drain* so drunks don't fall in any more.

*Monny Drain = Monsoon drainage channel.

They were deadly trap for wayward airmen going home from the Butterworth Yacht Club to the base across the road after a night of celebrations.
 
Posts
2,012
Likes
3,409
You take some downtime and see what happens…

At least now I don’t have to go through the rest of my life without knowing what the logo was, so thanks for that.
 
Posts
237
Likes
143
You take some downtime and see what happens…

At least now I don’t have to go through the rest of my life without knowing what the logo was, so thanks for that.
🤣🤣🤣
 
Posts
35,651
Likes
39,900
Then again And after many hours
That’s crazy, what an obscure find.

I thought this was solved years ago? Its Nolchem who later rebranded to Conoil from Nigeria.
Do you remember where you saw that? I’ve been bothered by this for ages and had no clue
 
Posts
153
Likes
660
It does tickle me when members of this forum are surprised that someone would spend a couple of hours scrolling through thousands of seemingly identical photos looking for some tiny, insignificant detail 🧐😂
I was laid up with a couple of cracked ribs and had nothing better to do without spending some serious cash, I think I did rather well considering the hefty painkillers they'd given me.
I thought the NOLCHEM link was public knowledge, I can't find the thread but it was about 5 years ago when I joined. I think the Shell/eagle logo threw everyone everyone off track. It may have been @Mark020 who cheated and actually asked off forum? 🙃
I may have found the first photo of the "evil eagle" in the wild but I honestly don't think it proves it's a NOLCHEM logo, lots of circumstantial evidence but no decisive conclusion 🫤 It is nice to beat AI though.
 
Posts
6,831
Likes
10,653
I did indeed. Friend of me worked in Nigeria for a big oil company but I don't think that led to something
 
Posts
556
Likes
2,187
This postage image was on some junk mail today, looked familiar...