Forums Latest Members

Who has some spare time Tomorrow? 3/26 and 3/27 and??? Interviews for a web series

1. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 25, 2020

So last night while trying to fall asleep and thinking about the Antiquorum results and how I wanted to go through them, I realized wouldn't it be way more fun to go through them with other OF'ers and discuss the results? Record the converstation with pictures of the lots and post them to youtube?

https://catalog.antiquorum.swiss/en/auctions/geneva-2020-03-21/lots

So I will be ready to record in 1 hour blocks starting at 18:00 UTC or 11:00 am pac time.

What you need, a web browser (2 watch my stream,) a computer microphone so you can skype or discord (both free and easy to set up) Perhaps even a web cam and I can set up 2 small windows in the recording so you can see our faces.

My plan a quick introduction of you and your collection and interests, then a guided discussion of certain lots or groups of lots in that group while I bring the pictures up on screen to show what we are talking about and then I'll post it to youtube for everyone to view, while streaming most likely on twitch.

What you need to do, pick a slot over the next few days, then pick a group of watches in the auction and make some notes on them. (This is on a first come first serve basis.)

I will set us up over private message 15 minute or so prior to the interviews.

I would love someone that knows Rolex better then I do, as there are some interesting subs in that group that I hope someone knows more about then I do. Any Non Speedy experts want to talk about some of the other Omegas? Anyone want to talk about the Pateks that to my eye seem flipped in price?? Just comment about some of other ones that are pretty cool??? lets do it!

The goals are to have fun and share knowledge, I know just on the Rolex stuff there is alot to talk about that newer guys might have questions on, or not understand the meaning of terms in the Rolex world.

DaveK, Togri v. 2.0 and M'Bob like this.
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 25, 2020

All tested and prepped... should be very easy on your end as long as you have a microphone or webcam. no need to show the video of your webcam if you do not want.

Fatcat likes this.
  3. M'Bob Mar 25, 2020

Great idea! Good luck. Would participate if I weren't so technologically challenged...

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. GarethS Mar 25, 2020

Lot 241 - Kinda casts Gerald Genta in an entirely different light...

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 25, 2020

Natural wood grain, quartz and fairly small. Its an Odd ladies piece with a chrono that would help to explain it ;)

If your talking about the caseback... not as odd as you would think, there is a history of that kind of thing in watches. Mostly seen in Indian and Persian market watches. Longines had a few if I remember correctly, and there are even a few swatches out there as well.

6. rcs914 Mar 26, 2020

Good lord the whole thing is just awful from the front, and then you turn it over and it's a brand new level of atrocious.

Also this is the watch:
    241.jpg

(I won't post a picture of the backside)

And this is the description of the bracelet:

"Bracelet Leather strap with 18k yellow gold Audemars Piguet buckle"
    :cautious:

Edited Mar 26, 2020
    DaveK and Foo2rama like this.
  7. pongster Mar 26, 2020

I wont be surprised if that one was made to order

8. rcs914 Mar 26, 2020

Money can't buy taste.

Lot 47 is also kind of baffling to me. Sure, let's spend $7K on a broken quartz ladies Nautilus... ::screwloose::