Which of these Pie-Pans is more desirable ?

Hello all,

I have a Pie Pan with me which is all steel... steel case, dial markers and hands.

I really like the idea of gold markers and hands on a steel watch.

I have the opportunity to sell mine and buy one of 2 such watches.

Just want your input on which of these is more desirable.

Mine and one option have the curvy legs which I believe is older to the dog leg which the second option has.

TBH niether of them are really an upgrade on what you have. Do you have something with very aged dials?

If I had to choose then it would be the second one as the case of number 1 looks pretty polished on the lugs

TBH niether of them are really an upgrade on what you have. Do you have something with very aged dials?

If I had to choose then it would be the second one as the case of number 1 looks pretty polished on the lugs
The photos are labelled "mine"....."option 1".... and...."option 2"
Is it mine that you are referring to having polished lugs ?

If I had to choose between these two, I would go for option 2. I like the 14393 case better with the gold accents and this one looks to be rose gold, which I prefer.

The photos are labelled "mine"....."option 1".... and...."option 2"
Is it mine that you are referring to having polished lugs ?
No, the first option.

op
No, the first option.
option 1... the 168.005 ? That has god legs and full text.
Isn't that newer than the 14393 which doesn't have full text ?

Both option 1 and 2 are a bit too rough for my liking, it’s worth hanging out for a cleaner example

Both option 1 and 2 are a bit too rough for my liking, it’s worth hanging out for a cleaner example
I'm looking in the US$ 1700 kind of price range. Are much better pieces available in that price range ?

I'm looking in the US$ 1700 kind of price range. Are much better pieces available in that price range ?

Yes, but you won't likely find them on Chrono 24, or Ebay with Buy it Now option. Take your time and watch Ebay auctions, the sales forum here, etc. You will likely be waiting many months or even years. If you want to pay more you can find one sooner.

If you buy either of those options I feel you’ll regret it and continually be looking for a better one. Better to be patient and buy a good one from the off.

How viable is it to just source a replacement dial and just keep the same case?

Something that I've been thinking about for a while since finding a 168.005 or 14902 in great condition is so difficult. I was going to buy one with a sharp case but okay dial and replace the dial with a better one.

How viable is it to just source a replacement dial and just keep the same case?

Something that I've been thinking about for a while since finding a 168.005 or 14902 in great condition is so difficult. I was going to buy one with a sharp case but okay dial and replace the dial with a better one.
In my experience, it is near impossible to find a good condition original dial for sale... I'v only looked on ebay. Where else would one search ?

Or maybe buy another watch with a great dial but poor case, swap the dials, and sell the donor watch for cheap to recoup some cost.

Probably cost more than getting a complete one but I rather not wait years for one to show up when I can just piece it together.

Even if you don't want to hear it, be patient and check the various platforms regularly. That's how I found mine 😀.

Even if you don't want to hear it, be patient and check the various platforms regularly. That's how I found mine 😀.

Dibs!

I remember seeing this watch on the forum last year. Is this the infamous Constellation with the crown mod? Someone must really hate the decagon crown.