Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega 168.005 Constellation

1. ChrisN Mar 4, 2024

I have a stainless steel Omega 168.005 Constellation for sale which I've owned for about ten years. It has been serviced in that time but not recently.

I was fairly active and well known on here during the last decade but over the last couple of years I have lost some interest and don't feel like I get use from all my watches so I thought I'd let some go. I've enjoyed collecting but the buzz has gone. Although I was a watchmaker for some years, I am now retired, so I am not offering a warranty and the watch is not freshly serviced. It is a private sale of my watch.

You can expand these photos to see any flaws and if you need further photos, please ask. All these detail photos are unprocessed except to crop/reduce the size and rotate. If you want the original which is larger, just let me know.
    Dial 1.JPG

Dial 2.JPG

Side 1.JPG

Side 2.JPG

Back.JPG
    Opening the watch shows the inside caseback:
    Inside caseback.JPG
    The movement, calibre 561 and serial 20060572:
    Movement 1.JPG

Movement 2.JPG
    I have quickly reviewed this watch as follows:
    1. Full wind and rested in dial up to check power reserve - this came out as more than 38 hours which is within spec.
    2. Mounted on my tester which simulates a day of wear to check charging from stopped, then rested in dial up to check power reserve from auto wind - this came out as more than 38 hours which is within spec.
    3. Movement performance check, amplitude and rate at 0H (30 minutes after removing from the auto winder) - Three performance pictures as specified by Omega being CH (dial up), 6H (Six O'clock high), 9H (Nine O'clock high) and it's running fairly well.
    Snapshot_SN_00275_47.png

Snapshot_SN_00275_48.png

Snapshot_SN_00275_49.png

I am making an honest description of the watch but, I'm not guaranteeing the results of my three tests so if you want to use this watch regularly, I would recommend a service sooner rather than later.

I'm not taking returns on this watch or offering a warranty. There are lots of photos and you're welcome to ask for more as well as to ask any questions, which I'll try my best to answer. Payment is by bank transfer to my UK bank account and the watch is in UK with me. I would very much prefer a UK sale as I will struggle to insure when sending overseas since I closed my business. I'll use Royal Mail Special Delivery (RMSD) to send the watch in UK but, a Face to Face meeting is fine as well - I am in Somerset.

Here is a link showing some feedback I have here:
    https://omegaforums.net/search/25738308/?q=chrisN&o=date&c[node]=10

The price is £1100 (GBP) plus delivery.

Thanks for looking, and to the team at OF for this space.

Cheers, Chris

Syrte, JohnSteed, iamvr and 22 others like this.
  2. Davidt Mar 4, 2024

Come all all you new collectors who post pics of overpriced rubbish you’re thinking of buying. Here’s your chance. Especially if you’re in the UK and want to avoid added import duty from buying from abroad.

3. Mr Blond Mar 4, 2024

Fantastic watch and seller. Well done to the buyer

Bille and ChrisN like this.
  4. Sgt_Bilko Mar 4, 2024

@ChrisN mentions in the first post that he was a watchmaker, however that is not entirely accurate. He was actually a very, very good watchmaker.

5. Shabbaz Mar 4, 2024

Beautiful watch. And good to see you back Chris!

Scarecrow Boat, ChrisN and Bille like this.
  6. ChrisN Mar 5, 2024

Many thanks for the kind comments and for the people who showed interest. I could have sold this watch at this price four or five times yesterday so, I feel it was fairly priced (fairly good dial and case but neither perfect) for Europe. The buyer acted very quickly and was easy to deal with, which is really nice.

Best wishes, Chris

JohnSteed, YYTIN and qazwsx1 like this.