Forums Latest Members

Where to store your watches?

1. jimmy0x52 Sep 11, 2015

I have a modest collection now (4 with one more on the way). I'm looking for something nice to store them in in a drawer that makes them easy to take out and wear. Right now, I store the unworn ones in their original boxes wrapped around their little pillows, but it's a pain to take apart the box to get the watches out. I'd rather put the boxes in storage and just have the watches in my drawer.

Any recommendations from the forum? I'm thinking something to hold 5-10 watches.

2. italy1861 Sep 11, 2015

3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Sep 11, 2015

4. ulackfocus Sep 11, 2015

5. jimmy0x52 Sep 11, 2015

Nice - I did a little searching as well but I'll admit it was after I posted the question. Thanks all.

6. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Sep 11, 2015

Watches aren't the only collecting hobby here. Mine are stuffed into a gun safe. Some of the favorites live on the door. Other watches are kept in a couple of watch rolls and a zippered bank bag on the shelves with the handguns, many of which are also housed in zippered bank bags rather than handgun cases since I'm a cheap banker.
    [​IMG]

cf999, OmegaSean and 1685 like this.
  7. OmegaSean Sep 12, 2015

Noelekal I think your watches are very safe in your house LOL
    OmegaSean

8. Pvt-Public Sep 12, 2015

In a drawer.
    image.jpg

And zip-lock baggies.
    image.jpg

Edited Sep 12, 2015
  9. guelerct Sep 12, 2015

I bought a Wolf 5 watch box on Amazon for $60
    It is great and does the job
    However someone gave me a Wolf 1.8 wonder and I am thinking of storing them in wonders now
    One day I will stop spending money on these things

10. jimmy0x52 Sep 12, 2015

I ended up buying a leather watch roll from someone called kukiworks on Etsy. I'll report back on quality once I receive it!

11. happytapy Sep 14, 2015

I know this might be a little low rent, but I converted a brand new tea bag caddy with pick foam. 6 compartments of about 50mm wide and made the foam into a shoulder padding for the watch cases. Seems to take all my watches without problems. I know you can get really good boxes with cushions built in, but that was the point of making this. I don't like cushions as they take time to unclasp the watch and the reverse of this on storing the watch back again. Glass top means you can see at a glance and makes the caddy a bit more dust proof. This is quick and easy and it take most types of straps and bracelets on the watches I have. Don't think I have ever found a watch that does not fit.
    [​IMG]
    Here are some of my cheapie watches loaded into place. The strap or the bracelet dangles down inside the aperture and does not fold up onto itself. That way, you minimise scratching and damage to bracelets. I am a bit of WIS about that. $30 total spend on this.
    [​IMG]